Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should probably sign another goalkeeper then, just in case Ederson gets injured. And another left back in case Delph gets injured. And another centre half in case Stones and Otamendi get injured. And definitely another DM in case Fernandinho gets injured.
Again, are you assuming that Josep Guardiola & Txiki Begiristain haven't thought of this?

I mean would you be surprised if they had?

Last edited:
Until the inevitable fatigue, injuries, suspensions and loss of form begin to bite. Then what?

Why is it inevitable? I don't remember Chelsea signing anyone in January to cover fatigue, injuries, suspensions and loss of form. And I don't remember us signing anyone in January in either of the two seasons we won the PL.

Oh bore off. As if this club has never made a mistake like signing Wilfried Bony or failing to replace the fullbacks last season thinking we could get by with the old ones.
That was all under the stewardship of the previous incumbent, so let's not start a war on that score again! :-) As soon a Pep had an opportunity to correct it, he did.

There was a newspaper article I read 2 weeks ago which outlined the players who started or were on the bench of a PL match we played last year:

Iheanacho
Bravo
Caballero
Navas
Nolito
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Toure

It was Pep who took the Grim Reapers Scythe to the squad he inherited, and in an instant upgraded us back to our 2011 - 2012 levels and beyond. Mate, you just need to understand that the above list illustrates the difference between Pellegrini and the proper manager Sheikh Mansour's commitment to Manchester City Football Club deserves.

Don't blame Pep, trust his judgement & give him the time he needs instead. I do and I've never been happier as a City fan mate. :-)

That was all under the stewardship of the previous incumbent, so let's not start a war on that score again! :-) As soon a Pep had an opportunity to correct it, he did.

There was a newspaper article I read 2 weeks ago which outlined the players who started or were on the bench of a PL match we played last year:

Iheanacho
Bravo
Caballero
Navas
Nolito
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Toure

It was Pep who took the Grim Reapers Scythe to the squad he inherited, and in an instant upgraded us back to our 2011 - 2012 levels and beyond. Mate, you just need to understand that the above list illustrates the difference between Pellegrini and the proper manager Sheikh Mansour's commitment to Manchester City Football Club deserves.

Don't blame Pep, trust his judgement & give him the time he needs instead. I do and I've never been happier as a City fan mate. :-)

Guardiola signed Nolito on a 3 year deal thinking he'd be our wing solution.
Guardiola decided the 4 over 30 fullbacks could go an extra year last season.
Guardiola said not to rush Dani Alves' signing because it could wait until August.
Guardiola decided to sign Bravo instead of Ederson in 2016.

I love Pep, I've been frequently accused of liking him too much on here, especially last season, but he's not infallible in the transfer market. So I don't think it's unreasonable to say that we need reinforcements elsewhere before Sanchez, and question whether the Guardiola-Txiki transfer team will get it right.

Guardiola signed Nolito on a 3 year deal thinking he'd be our wing solution.
Guardiola decided the 4 over 30 fullbacks could go an extra year last season.
Guardiola said not to rush Dani Alves' signing because it could wait until August.
Guardiola decided to sign Bravo instead of Ederson in 2016.

I love Pep, I've been frequently accused of liking him too much on here, especially last season, but he's not infallible in the transfer market. So I don't think it's unreasonable to say that we need reinforcements elsewhere before Sanchez, and question whether the Guardiola-Txiki transfer team will get it right.

Parking to one side that i don't think the managers are the main movers and shakers when it comes to transfers anyway, I think it's a bit OTT to say Pep signed Bravo instead of Ederson. I think Ederson had only played 10 league games for Benfica at that point in time. He'd only played 37 for them by the time he joined us so i think we've moved quickly and been pretty bold as far as that player is concerned. Bravo arrived as a tried and tested player in a system that is now really worikng for us. I don't think many could have foreseen that he would struggle in the way he did.

I also doubt Pep said to anyone not to rush the Alves signing. Alves was clearly dragging his feet and we couldn't hold a gun to the guy's head. There was a contingency plan in place and we got what we needed.

We don't really know if he thought Nolito would be a solution on the wing either. Maybe he was simply seen as a decent squad addition. He was a player performing well in the Spanish league and totally worth a punt at the price we paid. Sane was signed around the same time so it's not like everything was pinned on Nolito.

As for the fullbacks, I find it hard to believe Pep would have told them we could make do with the ones we had. It's more likely the board failed to deliver on that one surely?

Iheanacho
Bravo
Caballero
Navas
Nolito
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Toure

Technically it was as much under the stewardship of the current incumbent Txiki, given he is our DOF and supposedly in charge of player transfers. That said I have no doubt Pep arrived with a few hard truths about much of our squad of the time.

So are you saying Sanchez is deliberately not playing to his best? If so, then why does he play at all?

Also, are you saying the emotional state of a person can't affect the way that person thinks & operates whether they try or not?

Who knows, neither of us know 100% do we, the fact remains regardless of the reasons we are signing someone in their worst form for a few years. If he played like this last season would we be in for him? Not sure, you can be unhappy about what has happened but it shouldn't affect your performance. Look at Aguero for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.