Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

1. Dribble

Dribble

What this has to do with Sanchez is Pep's vision for our team. OK, I accept you can't see it, but the fact I and others can, probably explains why this thread has nearly reached 3000 pages. I supoose this will have to be one of those, let's wait & see, but the probable plan seems pretty clear to me & always has.

2. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

So how do you think Pep will setup with Sanchez in the side? In formation terms.

3. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Sane Jesus sterling

Sanchez silva de Bruyne

Fern

Stone walker otamendi

Ederson

4. Dribble

Dribble

So you're putting your house on it? Done!

Honestly, I saw what our ultimate team formation would likely be long before Guardiola arrived. There's an old saying. To know where you're going, you need to know where you've been & where you're at.

It's a logical & linear progression & is clearly there when the dots are connected. Several long standing posters will attest I've long held the view that this would be a 4-1-2-3/4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3 as some will call it.

I'm as happy to call this now, as I was with our formation back when we were lumbered with a 4-4-2, & had the pedestrian Yaya as one of the two CM's. However, my house will remain the property of my family, but I'll be happy to take yours! Lol :-)

Only joking! Xmas is round the corner & Sanchez isn't here yet.... :-)

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017 at 6:14 PM
  5. Dribble

Dribble

4-1-2-3 / 4-1-4-1.

6. geoff clipp

geoff clipp

I'm not being myopic. I'm just saying that on balance, the potential purchase of Sanchez is exciting, but I'm not excited by the idea of playing him cm in David Silva;s place. we have other players who ought to be able to do that and maintain the balance of the team better.

7. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

Well done visionary. And where would Sanchez play in a 4-1-2-3? In fact for fun why don’t you choose the starting 6 midfielders and forwards, imagining Sanchez was in our squad now.

8. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    I have just done it see above

9. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

I’d like dribble to do it. Plus you’ve chosen a 3-1-3-3 formation haven’t you?

10. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    It is clever. Each of our midfielders takes a 30 minute turn helping fern out. It will be more revolutionary than the revie plan. In years to come I can see the worsley plan being more famous.