Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Sam Lee about whether we'll go for him next month This is his response:

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal
Replying to @LJWilkinson12
There’s a chance but I dunno exactly what’s going on yet.

Sounds like we might not even go for him and just concentrate on a Centre Back.
van Dijk will make me happy, especially given Vinny's ongoing problems.

Imagine getting VvD AND Sanchez in January, the rest of the division will implode!

I was all in on Sanchez this summer. I would still love for him to come here.

But, to play devil's advocate...I feel we need defensive reinforcements much more. Plus, Sanchez is no spring and he looks to be having a bit of a down year (admittedly by his very high standards), if reports are accurate he's lost a yard of pace. Would it not just be best to wait until the summer when he's on a free? The team has great chemistry right now and I would worry about bedding in 2 major signings in Jan. Of course if he does come, I'd welcome him with open arms.

My dream is to sign Sanchez, Alderweild, and Can all on a free this summer just to watch the world burn.

Not only does playing Sanchez centrally make total sense in a Pep system, but playing him almost anywhere else does too. Pep systems have proven to be flexible in terms of where his players play; wherever he puts you, he'll find a way to make it work.

Quite frankly, there is a viable argument that he could play striker, false 9, right wing, left wing, attacking mid, or even centre mid as some have said. It really only comes down to the players we've got and the players we're getting. Sanchez has the abilities to do it all and with his experience can slot in seamlessly to any of the above positions without much adapting. He is a former Pep player after all.

Plus what might motivate Pep is that there's been stories that he feels he under utilized Sanchez the first time round, so this could provide him a chance to get it right this time.

My personal opinion as to where he should play? Well, I feel that Phil Foden could do with a role model for LWB of course ;)

I feel we are a year too late with Sanchez because he is becoming a shadow of his former self. He still has the quality that made him the main player in Arsenal but there is no evidence of further development. Arguably he's frustrated with not moving and this might have affected his form but the last few games showed he is trying. He scores a few goals but I think we need more of a Hazard player who runs rings around the opposition and weave from our own half to score a goal, than someone who contributes to play outside the box.

Sanchez to me plays the Nasri role to move the ball around, yet I think Gundogan can grow into this role as well if he gets his confidence back. Gundogan has been left on the wayside but when he first came he was pure class and to me better than Sanchez. It is a risk with gundogan if he ever gets back to form.

Around £30m then Sanchez would be a good buy in January. But at best we will get 3-4 years out of him. I don't think he is half the player Silva is who relies on intelligent turns and passes than speed in a high intensity pep team. Silva at age 35 would still be able to play the way he plays now, like Lampard. Sanchez has the intelligence to do the same but when he is inconsistent he relies on his pace.

Sanchez is no average player though. So until he plays in our colours it's really conjectural at this point of what his current form is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.