Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a professional player nearing the end of his career will take that extra 60k per-week, and however much more the signing-on fee United is paying, to play whatever football he's asked of.

How is 29 nearing the end ? He still has a minimum of 5 years left, with 3 at a very top level. Playing in a free flowing attacking team will help his game massively and he may even get improved contract from City further down the line.

He is basically saying Wenger does not know where he will end up because Sanchez himself hasnt decided. So decision still in the balance.
But it used to be common knowledge that his mind was made up to join City. Wenger not knowing seems to hint more at Utd to me. It used to be obvious where he was going, but not now.

This looks like Arsenal are trying to pressure Sánchez into agreeing to the higher price. This is not even close to done! I still think he wants us, but Arsenal are saying, no way you’ll have to stay until summer if you want City.

Not the point though is it, I don't think it's wise to be offering a 29 year old 400k a week when we're in the middle of negotiating new contracts with KdB and Sane, what signal is that putting out to future deals and contracts?

Very valid point. It seems United are also giving Sanchez a huge signing on fee and his representatives are also getting a fortune.

The days of top players wanting to go to United to join a great football team are long gone...their reputation will be in the gutter if this transfer goes through. I'm actually surprised at Sanchez as I didn't see him as a total mercenary....he clearly wanted to play for a proper football team in City and Pep. I wonder how he will fit into their PARK THE BUS style of play.....haha...if he does end up going there.

Honestly I now think that utd have gone very public about this that they are extremely confident of signing him.

Reason I say this is that if Sanchez now signs for City even though utd offer more money ..... where does it leave them ?

Extremely embarrassed- and I just don’t see them leaving themselves exposed for that to happen.

It’s like VVD - if we did make overtures to sign him ( and got informed he was Liverpool bound ) we sure did them on the quiet to ensure we could always say ‘ City were not chasing him....’

They have not done this - hence why I feel they know he is joining them.

I'm intrigued as to why his family have flown into London,to help him with the move ?

Maybe there is a closet blue in their ranks,that helps him make the right decision,let's hope so eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.