Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we did pay him £350k-400k a week. It would cause massive unrest with the players and squad. Let's admire our stance and buy younger players on far lower wages who are hungry.

No because that’s obviously different to the matter at hand. What Alexis wants is within reason for all top players. Pay him a higher signing on fee, reduce his wages simple.

WTF. Have you computed the difference in the reported wages over 3 years. You're saying we should give him 25 or 30 million as a signing on fee ?

Balls to that. And if we did, them lot would likely offer even more. Cant run a football club like that.

Generally the least reliable part of any transfer gossip is the part about wages. I don’t know why people are so sure in this instance the gossip is correct.

Am I correct in saying pundits and papers are in the main still saying he will come to us but everyone on here thinks he is going to the scum
think its more a case of
some scared hes going there
some thinking sign it any cost
and some saying that the deal has to represent value for money

While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.

It wasn't £60m plus £400k a week though.

How come we cannot afford him if we were rumoured to have put in an offer for Mbappe in the Summer for over 100m ...I think we can afford him but wont pay agents fees

I'm pretty sure no one's saying we can't afford him. It's more of we will buy him for price A and if he reaches price B, we might as well fork out and invest on better options on lower wages and more years ahead of him.

While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.
Maybe we didn’t imagined a shark team in the summer and now we already have one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.