Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.
Suspect the performance of Raheem, Leroy this season has changed things.

They can afford it, no?

If it means it closes the gap on us and makes them much better then its a price worth paying?
So we sign Alexis pay what they want so he ends up on £400k a week.

Currently we are trying to sort out a contract with Kev. He’s our best player so will no doubt want parity so we more than double his wages and put him on £400k a week.

We are also looking at extending Sterling, Sane contracts. Sterling is flying this season so are we looking at £250k for him now or is that not enough? Sane has contributed highly too so £200k for Sane.

The knock-on effect would be ridiculous.

While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Probably because we agreed a figure with him in the summer and now Sanchez has reneged on the deal. That' his prerogative but we are not playing the chasing game. Not for a near 30 year old.
If he goes red then it shows the guy was in it for money and not trophies.

We weren't 15 points clear and on the verge of a domestic cup final whilst still being in every competition. Our need for Sanchez has significantly reduced since the summer to the point where we'd arguably be better off getting another young talented player like we did with Sane, Sterling and Jesus, who we can get the best part of 10 years out of.

We've won the league, the big worry for me is that a fit and firing Sanchez would be a huge filip for United's CL challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.