Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am proud we stuck to our guns and aren't being held to ransom here. Acting as such shows a ton of confidence in the guys we have, and sends a message to those players, clubs and agents we'll deal with in future. We're thinking long term, not short term. We're better than the rags whether they have Sanchez or not, by, in my opinion, miles. It'd be great to have him, and I'm sad to miss out, but given the rags's recent track record with "marquis" signings (Angel Di Maria, anyone?) I don't think it's nailed on that they are suddenly some worrisome force. And that's no rationalization -- I've said and felt this since the summer.

While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Pep wanted his ‘win at all costs mentality’, his drive etc. Pep felt the squad lacked that personality. We then went and won 18 games on the bounce and found ourselves 15 points clear at the top. Things change. Priorities shift.

Rags buying the league and Mourinho a cheque book manager. I will be gutted if he goes there what a complete waste of talent. Shit club, shit manager shit football but the media darlings.

So we sign Alexis pay what they want so he ends up on £400k a week.

Currently we are trying to sort out a contract with Kev. He’s our best player so will no doubt want parity so we more than double his wages and put him on £400k a week.

We are also looking at extending Sterling, Sane contracts. Sterling is flying this season so are we looking at £250k for him now or is that not enough? Sane has contributed highly too so £200k for Sane.

The knock-on effect would be ridiculous.

i don't see how we could pay them half Sanchez' wages, they would have earned more. Would have to be much closer to whatever he would be on.

They can afford it, no?

If it means it closes the gap on us and makes them much better then its a price worth paying?

I agree completely, and this is the point.

The deal from a Rag point of view makes sense, from our point of view it just doesn't add up.

We've won the league, the big worry for me is that a fit and firing Sanchez would be a huge filip for United's CL challenge.

Don't even think they'll get past Seville. Name one decent European side they've beaten recently.

My only concern is I'm seeing the same arguments and spin as to when we missed out on Hazard and RVP and the next season they helped their respective clubs win the league.

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

It might but I doubt it. Van Persie came to the rags carrying a form in his last season with Arsenal of 30 goals and 13 assists. Currently Sanchez this season has scored 7 and assisted 2. Different level of player and I think, as many other Arsenal fans, that Sanchez has lost a bit a pace. Still a great player, but his quality is drying up as he ages.

Edit: different position as well but yeah assist still reflects this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.