Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young world class striker - no way anything under 150. Things have changed after Neymar deal and they are not getting cheaper. This was a very good deal if we had negotiated a bit rather than making a stand.
We got one for £27m not too long ago, the value is there if we scout instead of signing names.

Yes, but not madness, there's a very real reason why this transfer makes sense for United, it will lift the morale of the club and provide clear evidence that they're going to compete with us. So worth the extra money that they're having to spend.

Financially it's madness long term but the fans won't care about that as we wouldn't and to be honest they can afford it better than anyone especially as his wages would just be replacing big nose's.

They have already shown that money wise they will pay whatever it takes sometimes. He isn't going to make them less of a threat if he goes there but by the same token he isn't going to change them that much so soon. However if they buy well in the summer then eventually it will click.

We just need to make sure we don't rest on our laurels like we did in 2012.

This is my argument as well mate.....you could go out and spend 100mil on Griezmann but he still would command 250k-300k a week....so you still have to set new levels for wage package...You add a transfer fee plus wages for a guy like Griezmann and it blows the cost of Sanchez's deal out of the water! Even with Sanchez's wage demands, we still struggle to find someone on his level for any cheaper.

At 29 we might get someone else for nothing. Grieszmann is 26.

The utd fans will be in their element gobbing off and bragging, they haven't had a chance all season poor loves to shout the odds at us about anything, it must be killing them.
And now they will be coming out the woodwork and crowing that they've possibly got sanchez.
I'll just point to the top of the table....end of discussion.
Though we are top, team needs to continue building or even the best teams can fall apart - just look at Real Madrid after skipping to update for a few years.

I wanted Sanchez but for some reason I’m not arsed in the slightest he’s going United
He’s 29 and we will be better next year so don’t feel he will close the gap in the time he has left there

Same, I'd be questioning what the fuck we were doing. Time for a new holding midfielder in the summer? Weigl? Fred? Well hang on City, they've long contracts and years ahead of them, you lot paid £80m for a 29 year old with 5 months left, how does £250m with a few add ons sound?

Not only that, any player we want close to the end of his contract, yeah you can have him, 60 mil plus the agent's fee.

The utd fans will be in their element gobbing off and bragging, they haven't had a chance all season poor loves to shout the odds at us about anything, it must be killing them.
And now they will be coming out the woodwork and crowing that they've possibly got sanchez.
I'll just point to the top of the table....end of discussion.

I've already had it. Amazed that Rags are so pleased about a win for their hated scouse enemy... especially when they are their real rivals this season not us. I just sent them this

wvbyqc.jpg

Yes, but not madness, there's a very real reason why this transfer makes sense for United, it will lift the morale of the club and provide clear evidence that they're going to compete with us. So worth the extra money that they're having to spend.

The financial package being talked about is taking it all to a new level. There would be little resale value, they would be paying crazy wages, and the likes of Pogba would then be looking for pay parity. But they will argue that they`ll sell X million shirts. And what would their benefits be? They will get top 4 without him, but he won`t win them the league this season. They are not CL contenders. I can see plenty of the Sanchez posturing with his hands on his hips as his team mates don`t serve him up that pass on a plate.

I have every confidence in our stance on this saga.

Marv gonna be one happy man if this doesn’t happen ;)

Who would you look to sign mate?
I'd have been happier if we won today, or at least taken a point. The problem at the moment is that there isn't a realistic forward target available.

But I think players like Kane or Hazard may become available sooner than we might think. I'm sure a couple of stars will make themselves known in the World Cup too. Players we know nothing about now. Buying on the strengths of World Cups is always dangerous, but City will have the football world at our feet for the short term at least and we can buy the best. Sanchez whilst good, was not at his best, and I objected to buying a player who I thought had his best years behind him,however for the moment I can not suggest an alternative. But I think we'll know it when we see it.

Not sure yet that Sanchez deal is over. There could be more twists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.