Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to need another striker in the summer. As this season has shown we can't rely on just two strikers.

Who is out there with the quality of Sanchez that would be as cheap as him, as it seems we don't want to spend a lot?

This is my argument as well mate.....you could go out and spend 100mil on Griezmann but he still would command 250k-300k a week....so you still have to set new levels for wage package...You add a transfer fee plus wages for a guy like Griezmann and it blows the cost of Sanchez's deal out of the water! Even with Sanchez's wage demands, we still struggle to find someone on his level for any cheaper.

The utd fans will be in their element gobbing off and bragging, they haven't had a chance all season poor loves to shout the odds at us about anything, it must be killing them.
And now they will be coming out the woodwork and crowing that they've possibly got sanchez.
I'll just point to the top of the table....end of discussion.

Think that is what has turned us away from sanchez....the deal he looks like getting roughly equates to a 60m transfer i think.....that can be hsed in the summer to bring in a young world class striker that pep can manipulate into a better player and can serve our club longer
In time another forward will become available, and when they do, hopefully we'll be grateful that we did not move for Sanchez. It's not an easy argument to win when you say you don't want Sanchez, but you want some hypothetical younger striker who has their best years in front of them

Think that is what has turned us away from sanchez....the deal he looks like getting roughly equates to a 60m transfer i think.....that can be hsed in the summer to bring in a young world class striker that pep can manipulate into a better player and can serve our club longer
Young world class striker - no way anything under 150. Things have changed after Neymar deal and they are not getting cheaper. This was a very good deal if we had negotiated a bit rather than making a stand.

We would have loads I imagine. I would be fucking gutted.
Same, I'd be questioning what the fuck we were doing. Time for a new holding midfielder in the summer? Weigl? Fred? Well hang on City, they've long contracts and years ahead of them, you lot paid £80m for a 29 year old with 5 months left, how does £250m with a few add ons sound?

The money is irrelevant to supporters, Sanchez would improve either team it’s that simple. If he comes to us, great, if he goes to United, they’ve beaten us to a fantastic player and it’s a big coup for them.

Won’t lose sleep over it though, anybody who turns down the chance to come to city right now is missing out big time.

Looking more and more likely to be the end of the line with this one. Though I would have liked to see him here, more so given how light we are in the striker department. Im glad we’re not allowing ourselves to be fleeced, for someone we might get three seasons out of at best. I agree with what many posters have said, it speaks volumes for his character, if he’s choosing money, over his alleged desire for success with us/Pep. If also certain rumours about his personality are to be believed, that could have also been detrimental to our current close unit. I trust in Pep, and I’m certain he has other irons in the fire, I just hope we can get another forward in, given Sergio’s current form. Okay the vermin could get their man, and yes that could well work out for them. However if they’re indeed just throwing huge amounts of money at it. That will no doubt heavily impact on any future transfer plans they had. So if they’d rather spend shitloads on a 29 year old, with a few seasons left, over a Griezman/Bale(insert standard press “targets”) that’s just fine by me.

Why do you or anyone else care what they’re paying? They get the player and their fans will be buzzing. Even if we signed him for 80 mil we wouldn’t have any fan on here screaming how unhappy they are that we’ve paid that much. It’s just a bollocks argument made by rival fans, the money ain’t any of ours so why should we care.

Calm down.

They can spend what they want but I would rather we spend our money more effectively. Of course it is not my money, so less of the 'straw man' construction, please.

Regardless of how wealthy our owner is, we have a budget. It appears the management team have decided the sums involved are too much when taking into account other priorities.

If he’s not announced at their game vs Stoke then I’ll get excited. Until then I’ll fear the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.