Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting this one go definitely does indicate a long term view from Pep. Whether that is him that plays it out or not it shows he has the best for the club in mind.
Cant complain
Don't get that.... It could just be a case of Pep's phone rings..............
"you know that guy you want us to sign"
"yes"
"we aren't"
"ohhh OK then thanks"

A little role-play here KDB's agent comes to the CFA Wednesday morning to wrap up hie new contract for one second do you think that the topic of Sanchez earning 400k won't come up??

And here’s one for you. Do you think City’s hand with KDB will be: (a) weakened or (b) strengthened by their refusal to offer Sanchez £400k?

And here’s another. Do you think other City stars are: (a) more likely or (b) less likely to come knocking for improved terms?

my god, united will have some players on astronomical wages for the privilege to play for their esteemed club!! And i thought players would play for free just to wear that famous red shirt!

im glad we arent bending over backwards for those wage demands and agents fee if true.

Don't get that.... It could just be a case of Pep's phone rings..............
"you know that guy you want us to sign"
"yes"
"we aren't"
"ohhh OK then thanks"

Exactly but he's on board with it. Whether he made the initial decision or not.
He's not done a jose and thrown his toys demanding more money.
We should appreciate that, irrespective of whether we as fans think it is a good or bad decision

To be fair, if you consistently post negative stuff about City then it’s bound to irk some people, as I’m sure you’re well aware. I know you’ll claim that some people just can’t handle uncomfortable truths, and to be honest I sometimes find myself agreeing with you, but when it’s constantly pessimistic it gets a bit tiresome. I’ve just checked, and the last three game threads you’ve commented on (aside from a barb about team selection against Bristol City) have been today’s defeat, the semi-final defeat to Arsenal and the draw at Middlesbrough. The record breaking winning run has passed seemingly without comment, so it’s not a great surprise if people think that you’re wumming. It’s fine to be critical when things go wrong, as long as you’re balanced enough to give praise when it’s due too.
You must have missed the conversation that I had with BLUEINSA yesterday then?

my god, united will have some players on astronomical wages for the privilege to play for their esteemed club!! And i thought players would play for free just to wear that famous red shirt!

im glad we arent bending over backwards for those wage demands and agents fee if true.

I await the RDAHMeedya bemoaning the astronomical transfer fees and the eye-watering salaries, and the general financial waywardness of it all! Wonder who will pen the first paragraph? Ducker, Custis, Wallace, Brennan?

playing as a no.10 tho
Plus his head isn't really there anymore.

I think he'd be a good fit for Pep
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm tired as shit of secondary strikers. Aguero, Dybala and Griezmann are all sec. strikers and I hope we never sign any of the other two. All 3 are world class mind, but that role is so limited that if you can't build your team around them, then those very players will become a thorn in the side. Players like that are a AM-CF hybrid and flourish in sides where the main striker is not that creative and the midfield has more defensive minded players than attacking. That's polar opposite to what City have. Most world class sec. strikers rack up 20+ goals and 15+ assists every season. That's their MO. Aguero's best years have come playing in that role. First at Atletico and then at City. It's only after selling Negredo and making him our out and out striker that his overall performance dipped.

If you think that I'm talking out of my ass here, then see what Allegri (Juve manager and someone most people in the footballing world consider very tactically astute) had to say about Dybala - "He cannot play centre-forward for a big club, where the distance to goal is much shorter. Just look at his best goals for Juve: they're often when he's running from deeper positions."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.