Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's over yet either, PB. Would United pay so much, which would mean a 5 year deal in all prob

I've followed your posts with interest this morning, PB. I have to say that I don't have a clue what is actually going on because we have heard nothing from City (as is to be expected in situations like this), nothing from Sanchez (or his agent?), very little of any sense from Wenger or Arsenal and only a curious quote from Mourinho that he is neither "confident nor unconfident" of getting Sanchez. IF reports are right that City met yesterday and "left the door open to Sanchez" then all it means is that City have reaffirmed their position that the club will not pay more than £20 million and will offer only the personal terms that Sanchez was happy to accept last August. Sanchez has become much more stroppy at Arsenal this season IF what the mirror tells us is true, and is desperate to leave the Emirates. This seems an unlikely background for him to raise his demands by nearly 50% to £400000 per week. The claim is that United are fully prepared to pay this for a player Mourinho believes ANY club would buy if he became available. But is that true? According to the Guardian Chelsea would be paying Sanchez twice what they pay Hazard and so are held to be unlikely to go for him. Would the Glazers agree to it? Sanchez is 29 and presumably on those wages the club (and the player) would want a four or five year contract. That amounts a sizeable risk. It may well be that the only offer on the table is City's. And it may be the offer Sanchez, rather than his agent, wants. We shall see!
Very good post.
Further more . It would appear want away Sanchez isn't that desperate to move ......it's all about the green backs.
If he was mad keen he would have reaffirmed his desire to join us

So in summary
Sanchez leaves a club he doesn't want to be at, to join a club he never really wanted to go to.
Micky terian gets pussed to a club he didn't want to join.
We get JFE.
Wales get family guy.
Arsenal have still got Wenger.
God life is shit sometimes.

Yes, but the family man will be unavailable for friendly’s!

Well here's a thought our manager has 18 months left of his contract so there's one way right there.
Here’s another fact, our manager is very likely to extend that contract, and when he does finally move on I think our senior executives and Pep may have had some thoughts about succession planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.