Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
But were we offering the same wages as he's apparently demanding now? See above - I suspect we were offering a figure that we were happy with at that point but he's upped the ante.
What I meant is that we were offering 275k/week and still are but the fee we are prepared to pay Arsenal has dropped 40m. Which ties in with what you were saying. Maybe the agent wants a bit of that 40m for himself and/or Alexis.

Just to be curious,who was the club that put a firm bid in,do you know ?

I'm not sure it's over yet either, PB. Would United pay so much, which would mean a 5 year deal in all prob
I simply don't believe it's over yet for reasons I've outlined.

For instance, when Rooney supposedly handed in a transfer request, the papers were saying that we'd offered him £250k a week. My understanding however is that his agent was fishing for an offer in order to get him a pay rise at OT. City were approached, along with another club, but (according to my source) were a bit suspicious and said that they might well be interested but would need firm evidence of his desire to leave the rags before they'd talk numbers. In other words, a written, unequivocal transfer request. That was never forthcoming but fortunately for Paul Stretford, the other club did put a firm offer on the table. Gill & Ferguson then promptly plonked that offer in front of the previously recalcitrant Glazers and they beat it. City meanwhile, weren't going to deny there wasn't actually a bumper offer from them in play as they were quite happy to see the rags squirm and wriggle, plus they knew that if Rooney got a deal, it would move the rags' whole wage bill up significantly (which it did) and potentially restrict their ability to compete.

Do you not find it a bit odd that the rags are seemingly happy to pay whatever's been asked but insist on the deal including a player who doesn't want to go the other way and would presumably have to take a pay cut to do so?

I've followed your posts with interest this morning, PB. I have to say that I don't have a clue what is actually going on because we have heard nothing from City (as is to be expected in situations like this), nothing from Sanchez (or his agent?), very little of any sense from Wenger or Arsenal and only a curious quote from Mourinho that he is neither "confident nor unconfident" of getting Sanchez. IF reports are right that City met yesterday and "left the door open to Sanchez" then all it means is that City have reaffirmed their position that the club will not pay more than £20 million and will offer only the personal terms that Sanchez was happy to accept last August. Sanchez has become much more stroppy at Arsenal this season IF what the mirror tells us is true, and is desperate to leave the Emirates. This seems an unlikely background for him to raise his demands by nearly 50% to £400000 per week. The claim is that United are fully prepared to pay this for a player Mourinho believes ANY club would buy if he became available. But is that true? According to the Guardian Chelsea would be paying Sanchez twice what they pay Hazard and so are held to be unlikely to go for him. Would the Glazers agree to it? Sanchez is 29 and presumably on those wages the club (and the player) would want a four or five year contract. That amounts a sizeable risk. It may well be that the only offer on the table is City's. And it may be the offer Sanchez, rather than his agent, wants. We shall see!

Exactly my thoughts. Hope it doesn't catch up with us in the end.
Why would it? Our manager inherits raw materials and develops them into the finished article. Who has PEG managed this with? He buys from the most expensive shops, and often makes those players worse. Completely different models

So in summary
Sanchez leaves a club he doesn't want to be at, to join a club he never really wanted to go to.
Micky terian gets pussed to a club he didn't want to join.
We get JFE.
Wales get family guy.
Arsenal have still got Wenger.
God life is shit sometimes.

If it was so simple that United's offer was so good and he was taking the money then he would of signed already but he hasn't.

I read on Saturday it was all agreed with Arsenal and that he had agreed terms with United, it is now Tuesday and now even Chelsea are weighing in... Why would Chelsea bother to get involved in a done deal?

I don't think it is so simple and the confusion has been that the agent has agreed terms yes but Sanchez hasn't decided.

All city are doing is saying this is the offer and we withdraw from changing that just because there are others (...because you told us you wanted to come here).

If he was all about money he would of signed for us 7 years ago and not taken a paycut to go to Barcelona.
Sounds like it's the swap deal with Mikhywhatshisface that's holding the deal up. He certainly seems to have at least had his head turned by the money offered by the rags. Whether that offer is genuine remains to be seen.

So in summary
Sanchez leaves a club he doesn't want to be at, to join a club he never really wanted to go to.
Micky terian gets pussed to a club he didn't want to join.
We get JFE.
Wales get family guy.
Arsenal have still got Wenger.
God life is shit sometimes.

Then we win the league

Life ain’t so bad after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.