Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day the Rags have stolen a player from under our noses and go into the rest of the season much stronger and we will be weaker. You can dress it up in as much prose as you like but that fact is hard to refute. Hopefully it will be redressed in the summer but for the rest of the season we are disadvantaged and it is just as well that that lead is 12 points.
where did the last fortnight go, could have swore it was the 18th today

I mean, generating their own income (as City do) is fine, doesn't make it fiscally responsible though to pay someone £400k a week when 99% of other top stars barely get £300k a week. It will lead to inflation for everyone else (Arse included) which makes it very dangerous. Wenger is chatting shit as he has been forced to bend over to Mourinho.

I mean, generating their own income (as City do) is fine, doesn't make it fiscally responsible though to pay someone £400k a week when 99% of other top stars barely get £300k a week. It will lead to inflation for everyone else (Arse included) which makes it very dangerous. Wenger is chatting shit as he has been forced to bend over to Mourinho.
What if United were paying him £5m a week? Is that still ok? The source of the money isn't the issue, it's the quantity reaching heights that City, Chelsea and PSG never have. Also paying £75m (of their own money) for Lukaku has lead to everyone else wanting stupid fucking money for crap players.

Hopefully. You're right though, too long suffering with the likes of Gerry Creaney while they hoovered up the big names. Now we have the cash to do something about it, it's frustrating we are not pulling away from them, it feels like we just seem afraid at board level to really put our foot down and leave our rivals unable to catch up for years, especially since the debacle of the 2012 summer.

Of course we've made great signings since then, especially last summer, but when it comes to real, top level game changer, the traditional cartel or a continental giant still seem to get those. We do need to increase our commercial income and worldwide fanbase too, and those kind of signings (Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe, Bale, Sanchez, Kane) help with that as well as improving the first team. It's disappointing we only ever seem to sign the level just below those.

Underlined bit - are we not?

I agree, we end up with the dross like Jesus, DeBruyne, Sterling et al

To who?

We're 12 points ahead of second place, scored the most goals and have a +18 GD on the nearest team.

How does Sanchez going to United makes us weaker "relatively in comparison to others"? Even when he wouldn't be our best player if we signed him.

Maurice-Moss.gif
Pudge - we agree (for once :))

Has he signed yet, fuck me what's he using a hammer and chisel. He's been signing for them tomorrow since Sunday. What's the hold up have they got to sell a few more tractors and mattresses to cover the agents fee.

WOW.....Martin Keown has called Sanchez the biggest mercenary in football!!!! and a lot more. See City Watch on Twitter.

Exactly. Bloody Conte was in on it too, mouthing off about making sure we don't get VVD or Sanchez. Sick of the bastards getting their way, we need to be more ruthless and ambitious. If we bought those two what a message that would send and with the current squad would have set us up for the next 2,3 or 4 seasons to pretty much win the lot.
Agreed. However, we have the spectre of PL & UEFA FFP always hovering overhead. In this respect City paying a lower basic with a higher bonus is our only way of getting around FFP for now until our turnover massively increases.

If we pay Sanchez £300k per week net, how can we then expect KDB etc to settle for £200k gross, plus the same bonuses?

We'd create open warfare in our changing room.

Agreed. However, we have the spectre of PL & UEFA FFP always hovering overhead. In this respect City paying a lower basic with a higher bonus is our only way of getting around FFP for now until our turnover massively increases.

If we pay Sanchez £300k per week net, how can we then expect KDB etc to settle for £200k gross, plus the same bonuses?

We'd create open warfare in our changing room.
That doesn’t happen on fifa. ;)

I don’t really understand how you feel that we lack passion or aggression? It may not be the stereotypical British style of lunging into tackles and running around like a headless chicken but surely the run of wins, undefeated games and last minute goals we’ve scored proves that it is their in our squad/team in abundance.

It takes far more courage and guts to continue believing you’re doing the right thing and never stopping fighting till the end than kicking someone up in the air. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see us retaliate sometimes to tackles like Kane and Alli’s but that’s because I’ve got a short temper and that’s how I’ve been brought up but I can see now it’s better to not react and to just beat them first. They’re only kicking us out of frustration and jealousy.

If you read it again i said "raw" passion or aggression. It's not in all players make up to unleash it. Sometimes even the most committed players can tire and having somebody to fire them up can work wonders. It's only human nature to sometimes not be at the ball park, and only respond when you can see somebody else fired up and shouting at you to do the same. They can influence a match "before" "in the middle" and even after a game. Ask Craig Bellamy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.