Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me either although I do think Arsenal were really messing about last summer and didn't want to sell at all.
The whole swap with sterling deal was ludicrous. The reality is Arsenal would have had to stump up money to us, because of the running down of Sanchez's contract situation.
And it was obvious from pep's support of Raheem that it was never going to be something City would consider.

The situation now though. Really how can Arsenal fnck it up? The only way I can see is if Sanchez decides 'I'm not going to United', and that would be down to him.

Stranger things have happened though.

Are you kidding me? How can we not?

It's stupid to think that Arsenal are going to catch Utd this season. they are 11 points behind Utd.

This window must be about finishing 4th for Arsenal. If they get rid of Sanchez and get in MkT, and get Aubameyang, it's possible. Indeed if they did, they should be laughing in the face of Mourinho because that would be a significant coup. I'd be surprised if they can do it, but you'd go for it surely

The way Spurs and Liverpool are playing they can easily catch Manure and Chelsea also if they rediscover how to score.

I think the situation is as follows.

Last Summer
1. Alexis wanted to work with Pep.
2. A deal was agreed that Alexis was happy with.
3. Other clubs came sniffing - PSG & Bayern who were given some incredible demands that quickly had them backing away.
4. 3 above was done on the basis that it would take other clubs out of the game or if they agreed to the huge sums asked - happy days

Jan 2018
1. Nothing has changed from the Summer Alexis still wants to join Pep.
2. Deal was agreed based on the deal agreed in the Summer
3. Another club came sniffing and were dealt with in exactly the same way that PSG & Bayern were in the summer. They were quoted an incredibly high wages/agent package and the result was expected to be the same.
4. However, this time the club was United who are desperate for 2 things
a) To improve their squad with star signings
b) To get one over City
5. To everyone's surprise United agreed to pay and given this will be Alexis last big contract he could not turn it down.

I don't blame him for going for the money. Effectively he is being well compensated for having to play shit Mourinho football.

I think he would be a squad filler for us and at the wages he wanted,a problem/headache for future negotiations we didn’t need
Not really the case at Utd
Different circumstances but I still think they've really cocked up. We're 10 kilos heavier, and they've just tied one hand behind their back for the next 4 years.

What do you think City are going to do with the £180m that's burning a hole in our pocket now? We're going to compound their error.

I've made the point repeatedly for months that Sanchez is an opportunity cost. Just what that means I am sure City will spell out some time in the Summer.

When are Liverpool at the Old Toilet next?

I hope they press the hell out of Sanchez, because, out of all the high profile players in top European leagues, Sanchez is the least press-resistant. And of course he will be playing LB for the Moaning one. So come on Salah & Co. don't let me down.

Sanchez always keeps the ball too long inviting counter-pressing.

Are you kidding me? How can we not?
Haha!
I hear you, but the way I see it, it's more down to Mick and Alex and their agents TBH.
Certainly wouldn't be surprised for this to go all the way to 1st of Feb.
Don't personally think he's coming to us though, ever.

Like I said though. Stranger things have happened.

I think the situation is as follows.

Last Summer
1. Alexis wanted to work with Pep.
2. A deal was agreed that Alexis was happy with.
3. Other clubs came sniffing - PSG & Bayern who were given some incredible demands that quickly had them backing away.
4. 3 above was done on the basis that it would take other clubs out of the game or if they agreed to the huge sums asked - happy days

Jan 2018
1. Nothing has changed from the Summer Alexis still wants to join Pep.
2. Deal was agreed based on the deal agreed in the Summer
3. Another club came sniffing and were dealt with in exactly the same way that PSG & Bayern were in the summer. They were quoted an incredibly high wages/agent package and the result was expected to be the same.
4. However, this time the club was United who are desperate for 2 things
a) To improve their squad with star signings
b) To get one over City
5. To everyone's surprise United agreed to pay and given this will be Alexis last big contract he could not turn it down.

I don't blame him for going for the money. Effectively he is being well compensated for having to play shit Mourinho football.

Think you could be bang on the money there chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.