Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad harmony is key though why should we break any structure for Sanchez? The team is stronger than any individual which is why players like Delph and Stones are now playing out of their skins. It's 1 unit not 11 men. If Sanchez wants to be in that unit now is the time to prove it, he'll make financial sacrifices. If the money turns his head his head was never truly right for the club to begin with. Like Ibra, Eto'o etc. being sacked off by Pep for thinking they were more entitled than the group.
It's probably a good thing he didn't come in the summer as things have turned out. If he had come in the summer and we had been in the position we are in now everyone would have put it down to Sanchez, and his head wouldn't have fitted in the door. At least if he comes now he knows his place better and realises that we have other players who are just as special as he is and we aren't as reliant on him as Arsenal are.

I think some people are getting carried away with the season we have had so far.

We currently have a 15 point lead but at the same time we have a had a nearly faultless campaign. This level is unsustainable over the long-term and we will drop more points as the season progresses. In addition, United have also improved from last season and are currently the second best side in the country. They have the spending power and the scattergun approach to keep spending until they bridge the gap. Anyone who thinks that won't work needs to give their head a wobble because it worked for us.

Allowing them to sign players like Sanchez is only going to help them bridge the gap to us and pull away from the chasing pack. It may not be enough to help them this season, but they will be in a much stronger position next summer with him in the side.

So we can’t sustain our form but he scum can?!

Funny how all these spurious arguments weren’t there when we were the only ones in for him. Money? Who cares it ain’t ours. The other teams will shit it when we sign him, we will get stronger it will demoralise them, er oh shit he might go to the rags, well don’t want him if money is paramount no no no. If he doesn’t want to come and play beautiful football he can’t be right for us, Pmsl the joys of blinkered supporters.

The positive spin crew?!? HAHAHAHA

How else are you supposed to see our record breaking season so far exactly?

You couldn’t make this shit up
Ha. What planet are you living on? I suppose you've conveniently forgotten the 4 points we've dropped so far this season and it's only January. There's no hope for you happy clappers.

Spending for the brand will keep them competitive and ensure they keeping making enough money to spend.

Also, Pogba hasn't hit the expected heights so far but he is still a fantastic player and they are a much better side with him in it. There is no doubt in my mind that he will turn out to be a good signing for them, just like Lukaku who will bag them 30 goals in all comps most seasons. When they get the balance right, which they will eventually, they will be challenging for all honours IMO.

They probably will but that's the strength they have. They are a money making machine whether we like it or not. They can afford to blow teams out of the water financially when they want to as they have shown before. We have lived with them competing for many years when we weren't so it's not the end of the world especially as we will always be competing with them!!

Whilst they retain their global fan base they will always have an edge financially. They have just spectacularly fucked up in recent seasons, all started by Fergusons vanity.

We are doing pretty well without him though aren't we!

I don't really want to go down this route. He is a good player but he is not Messi/Ronaldo standard.

I'm not sure how spunking loads of money and wages on someone would go down with the likes of Kun/De Bruyne. Sane has been a bit lacklustre recently and he may be thinking it is he who is at risk.

My concern is that our squad is light but not light of Sanchez neccesarily. I think we need CB and left back more but if Jesus is out longer than expected then perhaps a forward would help. I always thought it was risky going into the season with two.

I think the complete opposite.

We only have Bernardo, Sane and Sterling who can play on the flanks and I don't think this is Bernardo's best position. Furthermore, you're not just getting a winger with Sanchez, you're getting someone who can lead the line and play anywhere across the front 3, he even has the capability to drop deeper if needed. he'll also guarantee a contribution to at least 30 goals a season.

Then he has the one thing in abundance that we sorely lack, in fact other than KDB I can't think of many who have it for us, and that is the ability to drag the team forward by the scruff of its neck. His performance for Arsenal against us in the FA cup semi last season is still one of the most impressive I've seen.

In regards to your other two points:

1. I don't think the wages will be an issue at all as it will be more than likely offset by a huge signing on fee. He'll probably agree to a basic like KDB and Kun but pocket the difference in a one of payment. KDB also has a renewal coming up and will get a huge wedge as well.
  2. I think Sane's performances have been affected by fatigue. He's still young and has been playing a huge amount of football. Like I said previously, there isn't much room for rotation up top and he's played a lot recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.