Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signed..rejecting big money at Utd and wins us the UCL..how much money he costs wouldn't cross our minds.

City appear to have cocked this up..should have had a fee agreed early summer/very start of Jan at latest. Very arrogant..but look where we are and look at what we produce week in week out. The icing has escaped :(

So what you are saying is, we should pay whatever they want.

Some backtracking on this thread. Almost like most wouldn’t have Sanchez. He’s a big miss. He’ll make whatever team he goes to better without a doubt.

I agree...still wished we pushed alittle harder instead of only offering 20mil fee to Arsenal (I think Tolmie mentioned his agent only started making calls once it looked like the deal with Arsenal had stalled) but saying all that, I do understand the club's view alittle better after seeing the numbers....

A big win against Newcastle at weekend and we can forget all about........that guy from Arsenal!;)

He’s a match winner. I wanted us to sign him, but I’m past caring already. At the end of all of it, if United are happy to offer the wages they have to Sanchez, then it’s fair enough. We’re not desperate for him, seeing as we’ve scored shitloads already this season. There’s no logic for making him our highest paid player when we’ve already got a tight knit squad.

Agree again.

Some backtracking on this thread. Almost like most wouldn’t have Sanchez. He’s a big miss. He’ll make whatever team he goes to better without a doubt.

Good signing to add to the squad for 20 mil, & paid accordingly within the wage structure but still with the feeling of being arse slapped, as he would be free in a few months.

More than that, not a great deal at all. At Utd's price; absolute fucking joke.

For the World's Greatest Club, to have to pay him double what City would be willing to pay, in order for him to consider playing for them, should have every football fan giving them the shit they fucking deserve, not making it appear a reasonable offer.

It isn't, it's pathetic.

Does anyone think that perhaps Mourinho's contract extension and the signing of Sanchez are linked?
As in "Back me on this, get me the player I want no matter what, and I might stay?"

It is the top foreign players who ask for a specific amount after tax as Sanchez has apparently done. The club has to gross it up and pay the tax and NIC for them effectively doubling the amount. The rest of your posting I am sorry is just totally wrong. PAYE is applied to footballers wages and HMRC are all over schemes to avoid this. Sadly neither footballers nor myself can set income off against property.

From my experience most footballers get paid gross and it’s up to them to pay the tax. They are then free to employ a company secretary (wife, Mum, dad etc), have property portfolios which they can renovate, company car etc all to offset tax. Unless there’s been a big clampdown this has always been the case.

Wes Brown owns a company which is classed as a ‘farm’ which get all sorts of tax benefits

To think Rashford was their best forward even after spunking tons on Falcao, martial, Ibrahimovic , lukaku and now Sanchez. He’ll be lucky if he ends up at Sunderland

Does anyone think that perhaps Mourinho's contract extension and the signing of Sanchez are linked?
As in "Back me on this, get me the player I want no matter what, and I might stay?"
Makes no odds they'll want peg out as soon as it goes tits up and it'll be more money to Payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.