Ambulance Response Times

I contemplated calling the fire brigade, such was my desperation, not sure they would have come out though
They would have come out if you said that you are trapped and need an ambulance and that you also think you can smell smoke as well.

I'm no expert but I'm 99% convinced that the Fire Brigade have to attend something like 10 minutes after a 999 call. They also have 6 Firefighters trained in First Aid and carry equipment like defibulators. They would have helped you no problem and lets face it, yours was more of a priority than say helping a cat down from a tree.

I'm probably aiding breaking the law here but I'd advise anyone in a desperate situation and needing urgent life saving care to request the Fire Brigade as well on any 999 call for an ambulance. For example, if a relative of mine had suffered say a cardiac arrest and were minutes away from potential death, then I would dial 999 asking for an ambulance but I'd also state that I'm sure I can smell smoke and request the Fire Brigade as well. If it helped to save someone's life then I'd gladly go to Court to explain my actions and pay any fine for "wasting" Fire Brigade resources.

Like I said earlier, I'm unsure if I'm encouraging other Bluemooners to break the law in this post, but if it helps to save someones life then I'd happily explain myself to any authorities. Obviously I would only do this if it was a genuine life or death situation.

The thing I constantly strive to avoid happened to me yesterday.

A long story, but I ended up pushed to the garage floor with my electric wheelchair locked in fwd drive, trying to ride over my legs.

Took 15 mins before wife found me, but with my disability, there is no way I could get up off the floor.

Called 999 and asked for ambulance as they have the correct equipment and expertise to raise people stranded on the floor.

8 hrs, I was told it would be!

Thankfully, my Daughter was nearby and she with her daughter managed to get me to safety.

She later told me that she knew of an old lady who had fallen and broke her pelvis, only to lie there for 12 hrs before attendance arrived . Poor lady died in hospital.

It never used to be like this, what has changed?
I’d suggest carrying a loud alarm around with you that you can always carry in a top pocket or shoulder/bum-bag of some sort so it’s easy to grab no matter the situation.

A rape alarm is very loud, would alert attention of others.

Glad you’re alright fella!

How on Earth could it be a 12 hour wait though? I can’t get my head around that! TWELVE BLEEDIN HOURS?! Shocking!

I’d suggest carrying a loud alarm around with you that you can always carry in a top pocket or shoulder/bum-bag of some sort so it’s easy to grab no matter the situation.

A rape alarm is very loud, would alert attention of others.

Glad you’re alright fella!

How on Earth could it be a 12 hour wait though? I can’t get my head around that! TWELVE BLEEDIN HOURS?! Shocking!
Cheers bud. I'm looking into emergency personal alarms for me. From what I can gather, they would answer within seconds and would call people as necessary. Would still have the wait for ambulance

They would have come out if you said that you are trapped and need an ambulance and that you also think you can smell smoke as well.

I'm no expert but I'm 99% convinced that the Fire Brigade have to attend something like 10 minutes after a 999 call. They also have 6 Firefighters trained in First Aid and carry equipment like defibulators. They would have helped you no problem and lets face it, yours was more of a priority than say helping a cat down from a tree.

I'm probably aiding breaking the law here but I'd advise anyone in a desperate situation and needing urgent life saving care to request the Fire Brigade as well on any 999 call for an ambulance. For example, if a relative of mine had suffered say a cardiac arrest and were minutes away from potential death, then I would dial 999 asking for an ambulance but I'd also state that I'm sure I can smell smoke and request the Fire Brigade as well. If it helped to save someone's life then I'd gladly go to Court to explain my actions and pay any fine for "wasting" Fire Brigade resources.

Like I said earlier, I'm unsure if I'm encouraging other Bluemooners to break the law in this post, but if it helps to save someones life then I'd happily explain myself to any authorities. Obviously I would only do this if it was a genuine life or death situation.
Call handler decides who comes I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.