Amsterdam

adrianr

Thinking of taking the missus for her birthday. Would be very grateful for recommendations on where to stay, what to do, etc. Will likely be there for a long weekend. Don't cut any corners on the suggestions either ;)

Cheers!

Been a while since I was last there.

Hoddys café was good, the sex museum, the hash museum, the canals, cant remember if that the Netherlands that had a museum with a Russina ship inside it, if it was, worth a visit as well, Ajax stadium.

Cant remember the name of the bar where you can get dirty pints, the bar maids have a novel method with the tap heads

Toured Netherlands on a long boat, bloody great time

The krasnapolsky is the best location for a hotel in the whole city. You can get a decent deal on the comparison sites. Highly recommended and smack in the centre of everything.

Shaggy said:

Hoddys café was good, the sex museum, the hash museum, the canals, cant remember if that the Netherlands that had a museum with a Russina ship inside it, if it was, worth a visit as well, Ajax stadium.

Cant remember the name of the bar where you can get dirty pints, the bar maids have a novel method with the tap heads

a hahah ah

only been on a handful of occasions from a few days to a few hours, but typically you might get in the Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank's House, The Sex Museum & the Heineken Brewery (haven't made it to the latter yet, but worth a visit for one of their tours) whilst you're looking for the bar that Shaggy's talking about - or trying to avoid it if the Mrs is with you

;o)

Leyth Blue said:
Shaggy said:

A narrow boat or are you a Viking???

That's it, a narrow boat, cheers Leyth Blue, it was long as well though !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.