And so it begins...

Considering Rodwell has only had a handful of starts at City, Im not sure how you can make such a definitive statement. He was very good at Everton before he became injury prone, and after moving to us I can't remember him having any sort of significant injury free spell. I agree he was rubbish in most of his appearances for us, but sometimes it takes a run of games to regain confidence after long spells out with injuries.

Selling rodwell for £10 million is one of the best bits of business we have done in recent history out going wise.

We should never have signed him in the first place it was at the height of Mancini petulant childish signings of stupidity. He was never good enough to get in our first team squad and has been injured for most of his career.

I am amazed Sunderland have paid so much for him on such a long deal. I was sure he would would end up going on loan and end up on a free transfer in a couple of years.

Getting that much money for a player like rodwell for me shows how well the club is been run at all levels these days. To only loose £2 million on him after he only played a handful of games in 2 seasons and failed to put in a single decent performance is incredible really.

If the rumoured deal for Javi Garcia goes through as well it would be unbelievable really to get that sort of money for those players. Just need to find someone stupid enough to sign Sinclair and Richards for a few million each now.

alera said:
Selling rodwell for £10 million is one of the best bits of business we have done in recent history out going wise.

We should never have signed him in the first place it was at the height of Mancini petulant childish signings of stupidity. He was never good enough to get in our first team squad and has been injured for most of his career.

I am amazed Sunderland have paid so much for him on such a long deal. I was sure he would would end up going on loan and end up on a free transfer in a couple of years.

Getting that much money for a player like rodwell for me shows how well the club is been run at all levels these days. To only loose £2 million on him after he only played a handful of games in 2 seasons and failed to put in a single decent performance is incredible really.

If the rumoured deal for Javi Garcia goes through as well it would be unbelievable really to get that sort of money for those players. Just need to find someone stupid enough to sign Sinclair and Richards for a few million each now.
Spot on,i'm still buzzing off that sale like I do with a top signing !

alera said:

The deal is £10.25 million plus around £3 million in addons (presumably game time based) so we've lost nothing except his wages for the last 2 years.
I hope he has better luck with injuries and wish him great luck.

I'd like to see isco more than ever after today. I know it was a friendly but silva needs support with the creative burden. Navas for me is not top class and could be replaced. Nasri is too hit and miss.

bondsman said:
I'd like to see isco more than ever after today. I know it was a friendly but silva needs support with the creative burden. Navas for me is not top class and could be replaced. Nasri is too hit and miss.

I'd say you've hit upon the next area to strengthen, maybe next summer. I like navas and think he has a role, but you are right that there is no one can do Silva's job if he's not available. What we possibly can do I suppose is push yaya forward into the hole with Fernando and fernandinho behind him.

Hopefully we won't have this worry.

Didsbury Dave said:
bondsman said:

What we possibly can do I suppose is push yaya forward into the hole with Fernando and fernandinho behind him.

I hope that this is the set up against all the top teams particularly in CL with Nasri & DS either side of Yaya & a fit Aguero up front.

Bluwhit said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bondsman said:

What we possibly can do I suppose is push yaya forward into the hole with Fernando and fernandinho behind him.

I hope that this is the set up against all the top teams particularly in CL with Nasri & DS either side of Yaya & a fit Aguero up front.

I would have Jovetic and Silva either side of Sergio

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.