Andres Iniesta

Matt the Giant said:
Their new sponsorship gave them what, £100+mil right? And the CL victory in itself gave them £120mil.
I think they are in a rather safe financial situation.

They couldn't sell Iniesta just to make a lot of money, no way. Iniesta himself would have to want to move as well.
Imagine the Barca fans reaction if Iniesta came out in public and said he was devastated as the club pushed him out to make a few quid. Not going to happen, ever.
The only reason he would leave that club would be because he wanted to.

I have no idea what state Barca's finances are in but let's for a moment say they're in trouble. The top dogs at the club approach Iniesta and say we've had a substantial offer from Manchester City which would help this club hugely in economic terms. As such, if you fancy a new challenge, now would be a great time to say so. Effectively they give Iniesta the decision as Barca are quite happy to sell but don't want to upset they player or the fans. That way it comes down to Iniesta, he knows by leaving he'd by helping his boyhood club and he'd get the new challenge he potentially wants? Is that infeasible?

I've been thinking about the situation with transfers and have come to the following conclusion:
Whilst there is no doubting that Iniesta is one of the great players in the world I would rather we bought young promising players and develop a great team.
Just to buy the greatest players and win things would be good but I would get more satisfaction from building a team that could one day be as great as Barcelona.
There are plenty of potentionally great players out there who will develop as a team.
We already have the basis of a really good side and just need to add a few players.
With having a settled team slipping a potentially great young player into it would add to the side.
Just my opinion!

phil58 said:
I've been thinking about the situation with transfers and have come to the following conclusion:
Whilst there is no doubting that Iniesta is one of the great players in the world I would rather we bought young promising players and develop a great team.
Just to buy the greatest players and win things would be good but I would get more satisfaction from building a team that could one day be as great as Barcelona.
There are plenty of potentionally great players out there who will develop as a team.
We already have the basis of a really good side and just need to add a few players.
With having a settled team slipping a potentially great young player into it would add to the side.
Just my opinion!

So you don't want Iniesta? ;)

Matt the Giant said:
Their new sponsorship gave them what, £100+mil right? And the CL victory in itself gave them £120mil.

They couldn't sell Iniesta just to make a lot of money, no way. Iniesta himself would have to want to move as well.
Imagine the Barca fans reaction if Iniesta came out in public and said he was devastated as the club pushed him out to make a few quid. Not going to happen, ever.

No one makes £120m from winning the CL..not even half that I´m afraid.

S04 said:
Matt the Giant said:

No one makes £120m from winning the CL..not even half that I´m afraid.

I might be wrong... but I read somewhere (or heard) that Barcelona would stand to make around £120mil if the won the CL. The prize money in itself is 40mil euros including tv revenues but excluding gate receipts. Then I guess there a lot of other income streams, merchandises and so on.

The 40 mil will be eaten up by player bonuses for winning the champs league. they will probably stand about 40 mil better off for winning champs league than if they didn't enter it. Take into consideration the interest on those type of debts they may cut even this year. They are desperate to get fabregas, need money and it is on the table.

As for fans turning on Barca if they sold one of their players, don't make me laugh! down the years Barca have regularly sold there best players knowing that they have other players waiting in the background or other purchases on the horizon.

Imagine getting fabregas and 80 mil to knock off those debts. Players may have a lot of power but not enough to stop the biggest club in world football from securing it's future, which is what this deal would do!<br /><br />-- Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm --<br /><br />Also champions league may make us 120 million by increases sales in our goods worldwide as well as the money for winning and gates. This is Barcelona, everyone who knows football knows them. they are probably more famous than the champions league itself so winning it wont improve their fanbase or their income through sales! I have owned a few barcelona tops down the years and I have toured the stadium! Bet most of you on here have as well. Just one of those teams that everyone can love and everyone can spend money on!

Myself I´m convinced Barca are in a terrible state financially..if you make £64m losses despite winning the CL thingy 2009 things are BAD.

This is why the ffpr rules give me headache, a club can have massive debt but still be ok ,but you can have no debt but not enough turnover and get punished.
Are we sure this is legal as simple outsider it fuckin stinks.
If you believe the rumours and stuff being said at the moment city have one eye on the rules which could affect spending,but I am sure if iniesta became available we would pay what is required and that in a nutshell is what is confusing me .

I don't think Iniesta is a Catalan so therefore has non of the emotional baggage that comes with that.

Why would Barca sell? Fabregas maybe? But sell a player who is in his late 20's wouldn't make sense especially to another club in the CL. Xavi would make more sense being older but that would only happen if they were in big debt and needed the cash. Which they don't.

So...

Fabregas it is!

BimboBob said:
I don't think Iniesta is a Catalan so therefore has non of the emotional baggage that comes with that.

Why would Barca sell? Fabregas maybe? But sell a player who is in his late 20's wouldn't make sense especially to another club in the CL. Xavi would make more sense being older but that would only happen if they were in big debt and needed the cash. Which they don't.

So...

Fabregas it is!
Or perhaps the obvious. They are not selling! And I hope we dn't want to buy either. :( There are some players who shouldn't move. Perhaps Kaka has learnt that now. Messi/Iniesta/Xavi should never transfer at the peak of their careers. They represent Barca at its core. I woulddn't want him here either. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.