Andres Iniesta

Right here goes, I have been addicted to the transfer forum for the last 2 months and I have been trying to work out all the clues so here is my thinking! (please bare with me) I think the Iniesta link is incorrect although I think a few of the ITK agree we have had a bid on the table from last summer. TH suggested the line reach for the moon and you will get the stars and I think this relates to the Iniesta offer. My thought is now with the news Rossi being linked to Barca that David Villa may be surplus to requirements (especially as they seem to have faith in Affellay (sp) and he may be the star on offer. With the thought that Tevez was always going to leave this may be the deal that was on the cards and now he might be having second thoughts could be stopping it all happening.

It would also refer to some of the comments about a friend for Silva, anyhow that's my guess thought I would share it, probably complete bol**cks but never mind that's the fun of the transfer forum

Dax777 said:
I woulddn't want him here either. :(

Dear Dax, let me get this straight: - are you saying you don't want Iniesta playing for us?
I mean, I am in total awe of the way Barcelona plays football and consider it to be the most perfect team/tactic/execution ever, and would thus as a football fan be sad to see anything potentially destroying that beauty. I really love to watch them play.

But the idea of Iniesta in our midfield with Silva is just too damn immense to say No thanks to, if we were presented with that option (which is extremely unlikely).

No other signing than him would make us genuine PL title contenders, maybe even favourites provided he stays fit of course.

I don't need clues, 'a mate of a mate' or anything else to claim to be itk on this. iniesta will not be coming. He's bang in the form of his career, in his prime, is one of the top 3 players in the world playing for one of the top 3 clubs in the world. Players like that don't move from Barca to City, they just don't. I doubt united would even have a chance, but at least he would be moving from one top 3 club to another. We are years away from signing players like that.

Matt the Giant said:
Dax777 said:

Dear Dax, let me get this straight: - are you saying you don't want Iniesta playing for us?
I mean, I am in total awe of the way Barcelona plays football and consider it to be the most perfect team/tactic/execution ever, and would thus as a football fan be sad to see anything potentially destroying that beauty. I really love to watch them play.

But the idea of Iniesta in our midfield with Silva is just too damn immense to say No thanks to, if we were presented with that option (which is extremely unlikely).

No other signing than him would make us genuine PL title contenders, maybe even favourites provided he stays fit of course.
Trust me, I'd probably wank in my pants if we got him. If nothing else, the joy of having to bust into a bar this weekend and gloating to all my Pool and United friends about how we are going to bend them over and give them a good ramming from the back come next season, alone wil be enoguh to clear my mind. But deep down inside me, I want that competition against Barca, maybe not next season, but the season after. I want us to go build a team to challenge that best team, with all its best players still playing for it. I want that challenge. Beating an Iniesta-less Barca with Iniesta on our team, just feels funny to me.

And deep down in me, I have a feeling he would not be half the player for us that he is for Barca. There are just things Barca players do, that no one else does. And those things make them so much better. Iniesta will be more of an improved Nasri for us I believe. We will see his dribbling, technique and goals. But that magical/telepathic connection to Xavi, Messi, Abidal and Villa will just not be there.

I just can't imagine it. And I sense I'd be disappointed. But all that said, only a fool will say no to Iniesta, and I ain't no fool! At least not since yesterday :)

Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Dax777 said:

Trust me, I'd probably pee in my pasnts if we got him, if for no other reason than having to bust into a bar this weekend and gloat to all my Pool and United friends about how we are going to bend them over and give them a good ramming from the back come next season. But deep down inside me, I want that competition. I want us to go build a team to challenge that best team, with all its best players. I want that challenge. Beating an Iniesta Barca with Iniesta on our team, just feels funny to me.

And deep down in me, I have a feeling he would not be half the player for us that he is for Barca. There are just things Barca players do, that no one else does. And those things make them so much better. Iniesta will be more of an improved Nasri for us I believe. We will see his dribbling, technique and goals. But that magical/telepathic connection to Xavi, Messi, Abidal and Villa will just not be there.

I just can't imagine it. And I sense I'd be disappointed. But all that said, only a fool will say no to Iniesta, and I ain't no fool! At least not since yesterday :)

I have often wondered this when talking about some of Barcas core players. The one it obviously doesn't apply to is Messi. Even Xavi admitted he's not like the other Barca players in that he can create something from nothing all on his own. You would hope he would just be an even better Fabregas for us, but that's a pretty simplistic (idealistic) view.

Pigeonho said:
I don't need clues, 'a mate of a mate' or anything else to claim to be itk on this. iniesta will not be coming. He's bang in the form of his career, in his prime, is one of the top 3 players in the world playing for one of the top 3 clubs in the world. Players like that don't move from Barca to City, they just don't. I doubt united would even have a chance, but at least he would be moving from one top 3 club to another. We are years away from signing players like that.

Why do u say top 3 club mate? They are the number 1 club by a country mile nobody can get near them. Doubt I will ever see anything better. Agree we won't be signing Iniesta type players yet tho but I wouldn't say we are years away.

citytill1die84 said:
Pigeonho said:

Why do u say top 3 club mate? They are the number 1 club by a country mile nobody can get near them. Doubt I will ever see anything better. Agree we won't be signing Iniesta type players yet tho but I wouldn't say we are years away.
Not one of our elite clubs over the years have been able to sign a true Marquee player, not United with all their trophies, Chelsea with theirs, (plus their money), or Arsenal. The closest any of them have got is Chelsea with the purchase of Torres, but his stock was way down when they bought him. As it stands though, none of the top clubs in England have ever bought a top 3 player in the world, or Marquee signing in other words. Andy Jacobs on talksport has always said this, and he's a Chelsea fan. I see no reason why we would be able to do it. The only one we would be able to pull off in my eyes is Ronaldo, but not any of the Barca top players.

Pigeonho said:
citytill1die84 said:
Pigeonho said:

Not one of our elite clubs over the years have been able to sign a true Marquee player, not United with all their trophies, Chelsea with theirs, (plus their money), or Arsenal. The closest any of them have got is Chelsea with the purchase of Torres, but his stock was way down when they bought him. As it stands though, none of the top clubs in England have ever bought a top 3 player in the world, or Marquee signing in other words. Andy Jacobs on talksport has always said this, and he's a Chelsea fan. I see no reason why we would be able to do it. The only one we would be able to pull off in my eyes is Ronaldo, but not any of the Barca top players.

Your post absolutely nails it on the head. And then you go against the entire paragraph you put together by stating that ridiculous last sentence.

SamTheGuru said:
Pigeonho said:
citytill1die84 said:

Your post absolutely nails it on the head. And then you go against the entire paragraph you put together by stating that ridiculous last sentence.
I thought that as I typed it to be honest, couldn't word it any other way though as some people will have 'The Barca 3' as the top 3, some will replace one, (most likely Xavi), with Ronaldo. If there was one of the worlds top players we could snare, I believe Ronaldo would be it because he's been here before and knows he would be made the worlds top paid player, which he currently isn't. Or put another way, there is 100% no chance we would be able to sign Messi, Xavi or Iniesta, but there is possibility we could sign Ronaldo.

Pigeonho said:
SamTheGuru said:
Pigeonho said:

I thought that as I typed it to be honest, couldn't word it any other way though as some people will have 'The Barca 3' as the top 3, some will replace one, (most likely Xavi), with Ronaldo. If there was one of the worlds top players we could snare, I believe Ronaldo would be it because he's been here before and knows he would be made the worlds top paid player, which he currently isn't. Or put another way, there is 100% no chance we would be able to sign Messi, Xavi or Iniesta, but there is possibility we could sign Ronaldo.

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. He just scored 132 bazillion goals last season and is at his peak at one of the top clubs in world football. Not even mentioning how much he would cost us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.