Android vs IOS - Samsung vs Apple

sboroMCFC

Currently got an iphone 4 but my contract expired last month. I was originally just going to wait for the iphone 5, but I am tempted by the Galaxy S 3. I've never used Android before and just wondered if anyone has used both IOS and Android and what you preferred for usability, apps etc?

BimboBob said:
Armitage said:
I'll let you play with mine and you can make your own mind up ;)

Yes yes yes but what about the phone?

What phone?

Android v Apple is like Windows OS v Apple OS - There are that many machine variations on the Android/Windows side that there will always be times where there are compatability issues.

ICS is the latest but only has around 5% of the usage share of Android versions:

4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich - 4.9%
3.x.x - Honeycomb - 3.3%
2.3.x - Gingerbread - 64.4%
2.2 - Froyo - 20.9%
2.0, 2.1 - Eclair - 5.5%
1.6 - Donut - 0.7%
1.5 - Cupcake - 0.3%

Neither.

Get a phone running Mango (Latest Windows software).

The latest Lumia or HTC Titan.

You won't look back.

Samcini said:
Neither.

You won't look back.
Correct. You'll be looking forward to the day you get rid of it. I have an S2 and it is brilliant so I expect the S3 to be awesome.

DiscoSteve said:
Samcini said:
Neither.

You won't look back.
Correct. You'll be looking forward to the day you get rid of it. I have an S2 and it is brilliant so I expect the S3 to be awesome.

Suppose it's down to personal preference then.

Owned all three (iOS, Android & Windows) and prefer the Windows OS out of the three.

Android was probably my least favourite, I liked it at first but I just prefer the simplicity of both iOS and Windows.

For me it's Windows > iOS > Android

But as I said before, they're all great platforms and it all boils down to which one you prefer the `feel` of most in the end and meets your needs and requirements.

Samcini said:
Android was probably my least favourite, I liked it at first but I just prefer the simplicity of both iOS and Windows.

For me it's Windows > iOS > Android

But as I said before, they're all great platforms and it all boils down to which one you prefer the `feel` of most in the end and meets your needs and requirements.

I would agree with that from a tech pov also. Thinking long term though Android is going to be massive due to Samsung producing very desirable phones.
That and times are tough and people simply can't justify spending 30% more on something that does nothing that the cheaper option does not do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.