Android vs IOS - Samsung vs Apple

I jumped on this thread because I don't have a smart phone and was wondering which phone / system is best. Sort of interested to get a blue-view of the technology.
Unfortunately it's a blue-moan view, which turned out to be a needlessly dismissive pissing contest.
Think I'll just get along without a smart phone because it seems that there's a danger that having one is adverse to reasonable communication with others!

hisroyalblueness said:
I jumped on this thread because I don't have a smart phone and was wondering which phone / system is best. Sort of interested to get a blue-view of the technology.
Unfortunately it's a blue-moan view, which turned out to be a needlessly dismissive pissing contest.
Think I'll just get along without a smart phone because it seems that there's a danger that having one is adverse to reasonable communication with others!

Its each to their own mate, I like android and don't like ios or Apple much. If I was recommending someone a first smart phone I'd really consider a windows phone something like a nokia lumia for around 125 quid or get yourself to a phone shop and try out the different operating systems and phones.

malg said:
Armitage said:
BimboBob said:
Yes yes yes but what about the phone?

What phone?

Android v Apple is like Windows OS v Apple OS - There are that many machine variations on the Android/Windows side that there will always be times where there are compatability issues.

ICS is the latest but only has around 5% of the usage share of Android versions:

4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich - 4.9%
3.x.x - Honeycomb - 3.3%
2.3.x - Gingerbread - 64.4%
2.2 - Froyo - 20.9%
2.0, 2.1 - Eclair - 5.5%
1.6 - Donut - 0.7%
1.5 - Cupcake - 0.3%
Seriously now, what the fuck is that all about?

In PC terms:

4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich = Win8
3.x.x - Honeycomb = Win7
2.3.x - Gingerbread = Vista
2.2 - Froyo = Windows XP
2.0, 2.1 - Eclair = Windows ME & 2000
1.6 - Donut = Windows 98
1.5 - Cupcake = Windows 95

brand blue heavies said:
Theres 2 actually. One that just give you colourful windows like tiles and the other which gives you the tiles and customization. Thing is they dont do that much. Dont update properly and crash a lot. They also just take you to the app..and thats it. There not truely live. Tried it and binned it after a day or two due to not a lot happening. Besides the live tiles are just one great aspect of the WP7. I repeat i`m not knocking other OS`s as i like android and ios is a cracking os,i`m trying to let people know that there is another OS out there and its as good as the main two. People are dismissing it without even trying it. Check out the expert reviewers on youtube etc and they all agree that the OS and the UI are fantastic and dont understand why its not being picked up more. Well Microsofts lack of target advertising and the misconception of storage and core power are two reasons.
You haven't used the latest version it seems. Yes, it opens the default apps (but you can replace defaults with stuff like Go SMS and theme them like WP7) but they updated the live functionality recently to provide more options.

That said, I don't like the WP7 interface anyway. The best thing about Android is the ability to change the bits you don't like.

ICT-Tam said:
Originals said:
Can I get ICS on my S2
Easily. Simplest way is to go to about phone then do the software update. That gives you ICS with touch wiz (ruins it really). You can root your phone and then install a purer ics rom on to it, which is what ive done. Heres a website that explains it all;
http://galaxys2root.com/

Thank you. Tried that software update before but it said no updates available checked what i was running and it said gingerbread

Irwell said:
brand blue heavies said:
Theres 2 actually. One that just give you colourful windows like tiles and the other which gives you the tiles and customization. Thing is they dont do that much. Dont update properly and crash a lot. They also just take you to the app..and thats it. There not truely live. Tried it and binned it after a day or two due to not a lot happening. Besides the live tiles are just one great aspect of the WP7. I repeat i`m not knocking other OS`s as i like android and ios is a cracking os,i`m trying to let people know that there is another OS out there and its as good as the main two. People are dismissing it without even trying it. Check out the expert reviewers on youtube etc and they all agree that the OS and the UI are fantastic and dont understand why its not being picked up more. Well Microsofts lack of target advertising and the misconception of storage and core power are two reasons.
You haven't used the latest version it seems. Yes, it opens the default apps (but you can replace defaults with stuff like Go SMS and theme them like WP7) but they updated the live functionality recently to provide more options.

That said, I don't like the WP7 interface anyway. The best thing about Android is the ability to change the bits you don't like.

Thanks mate. I bailed out before they updated but i was going anyway. The Metro UI isn`t to everyones taste but theres a lot more to the WP7 experience than just the live tiles. Each to there own i guess but i can see WP being a strong contender in the near future,especially when WP8 comes out and more premium handsets are made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.