Another child sex gang found guilty

My wife is a (white female) doctor working in the NHS. I worked as a Senior Manager in the NHS until fairly recently. There is unfortunately a problem with Asian men, particularly 1st generation, but also 2nd generation, and their attitude towards women. It tends to be general towards all women, but is particularly marked in their attitude towards 'white' women. This does not by any means apply to all Asian men, but applies to enough to make it a problem worth recognising.
Yet there seems to be some controversy around saying this. Which is ironic, because every Western government will happily warn about this sort of behaviour when tourists are going to certain countries, but they fail to consider that people immigrating from those same countries might be bringing a lot of the values that make those countries dangerous for women travelling alone.

I live in Morocco, so I see and hear similar sorts of attitudes all the time. The problem isn't actually the creepy blokes as such (well it is, but you'll get my point). All communities have creepy blokes who prey on vulnerable people, be it the sort of things we're discussing in this thread, or the bloke in a UK nightclub who deliberately looks for the drunkest girl because he thinks she'll be easy. But they're always the minority. The vast majority of men (at least that I know) in this country are thoroughly decent and wouldn't go around harassing women and girls. The problem is the attitudes of society as a whole allow the ones that do to get away with it, typically by blaming the women for encouraging it in some way. And that's how you end up with the twisted situation where girls can regularly be abused because they're considered worthless or up-for-it. After all, why would they be hanging around on the streets late and night, wearing revealing clothes, drinking alcohol and hanging out with blokes they don't know if they weren't just slags who wanted it? There's genuinely an attitude that blokes can't help themselves and it's the woman's/girl's responsibility to not tempt men. And if you look at the age that some Muslims start to wear the hijab, that's an indication of the age that they are expected to hide their bodies from the gaze of men (which is also why putting young kids in a hijab is a controversial issue in many Muslim countries). You'll notice that it's about the same age that a lot of these abuse victims are.

here's genuinely an attitude that blokes can't help themselves and it's the woman's/girl's responsibility to not tempt men.
That's the crux right there. When you have people adhering to what are frankly, medieval practices within their
cultures, that women are permanent temptations, to be covered and segregated, compounded by a reluctance to question
these practices because it's their 'Culture' these vile acts will continue.

Why not mention Gary Glitter while you're at it? Perhaps you missed the bit about "groups". And no; I'm not saying that lone abusers are any less evil than these gangs of blokes
Think you've asked the most intelligent question on this thread Jim. It's been lost in political allegences, along with Da and Uncle Andy having an Ireland debate.

That's the crux right there. When you have people adhering to what are frankly, medieval practices within their
cultures, that women are permanent temptations, to be covered and segregated, compounded by a reluctance to question
these practices because it's their 'Culture' these vile acts will continue.
That could apply to a lot of races/religions to be fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.