Another Striker

This thread is rubbish. We have Nacho who is excluded from the CL as he does not fit on the list. If you buy another striker then you would need to drop a current player to make room and you would not just piss of that player but Nacho as well as he would be overlooked.

You might have an argument to drop Nasri on the basis he is long term injured however you are going to piss off two players and make the current problem (that we have to many players to fit on the A list) even worse.

This thread is rubbish. We have Nacho who is excluded from the CL as he does not fit on the list. If you buy another striker then you would need to drop a current player to make room and you would not just piss of that player but Nacho as well as he would be overlooked.

You might have an argument to drop Nasri on the basis he is long term injured however you are going to piss off two players and make the current problem (that we have to many players to fit on the A list) even worse.

In the ideal world I agree and I really want Nacho to get more chances, however is Bony really good enough as first choice? Because thats what he is no matter how often we say to ourselves Aguero will be back. Aguero is always injured and as he gets older this is only going to get worse, effectively we have Bony as our main striker - Aguero doing special guest appearances like the Undertaker for WWE and then the kid Nacho who Pellers says isn't even a striker. We need a striker good enough to win us the CL, and that means being good enough, and fit enough to actually get us there, we don't have that.

If your saying we should replace Bony with another striker then I don’t agree, partly as I think Bony deserves more time and mostly because I don’t see anyone who could come in and contribute more to the team. Bony has not set the world alight for various reasons but look at some of the names banded about and none are head and shoulders above him and some are clearly inferior players. We might think Bony is off form but look around the Prem for a better striker and you will not find many. Look how much the Rags paid for Martial and is he any better than Nacho? Is Giroud or Costa really much better than Bony?

Some of you clearly don't have a firm understanding of the transfer market and valuations. Aboubakar is Porto's main striker and would not go for less than his release clause (€50m) so he would cost £36m. Simeone gave Vietto his professional debut -- he turned down Arsenal and Liverpool to play for him again. Atletico paid €20m and I'm not sure what his new release clause is, but you can be certain it's at least €40-50m as well. His price would be in the £30-35m range at a minimum (if he's willing to come).

Juventus just paid €40m for Dybala and he has only just turned 22 -- there's no scenario where they would sell for less than €70-80m. The Spanish press are reporting his price tag is €100m as well for the record.

If it wasn't for Aguero's injuries I would be perfectly happy with Bony as backup ST but that's not the reality of the situation.

Given Aguero's injuries we can afford to have a better option. A better option for me would be someone a bit closer to Aguero in style, ie. someone with a bit of pace, someone who can run at defenders. A ST who can fill in in other areas would be a bonus.

I haven't seen him play this season but from what I saw of him last season Lacazette would be a better fit imo. Probably more of a summer thing.

I'd love to have Tevez back tbh, tho that's not gonna happen

But if Pep is taking over in the summer I honestly trust him enough to just relax about signings

Last edited:
I don't think we should buy in January unless we can get either a really top class up and coming youngster like Angel Correa or an out and out top striker like Higuain or Aubemeyang for example.

Aubemeyang will be at AFCON anyway I think, we couldn't have him, Bony and Iheanacho leaving us for a month every year. Plus, Dortmund are back on the rise so I can't see him wanting to leave or Dortmund wanting to sell.

It's so difficult to buy in January and the top top quality just isn't available.

I don't think we should buy in January unless we can get either a really top class up and coming youngster like Angel Correa or an out and out top striker like Higuain or Aubemeyang for example.

Aubemeyang will be at AFCON anyway I think, we couldn't have him, Bony and Iheanacho leaving us for a month every year. Plus, Dortmund are back on the rise so I can't see him wanting to leave or Dortmund wanting to sell.

It's so difficult to buy in January and the top top quality just isn't available.
Exactly, that goes for all positions obviously too unfortunately.

Next summer we really should be going for another striker, said it last summer and so far this season I haven't changed my mind.

I think aubameyang is worth waiting for, as he seems to fit the bill as far as being that bigger target forward that we crave while still having the pace to lead counter attacks. He is also very versatile and can be effectively used on the wings when Aguero is healthy or if we want to switch tactics mid game. If we can't get him I'd suggest going for strikers at more irrelevant clubs like Milik from Ajax or martial from United.

Well i will give you a wild cards choice to come in Imanol Agirretxe from Real Sociedad or Lucas from Deportivo both guys scoring regularly in La Liga just dont think we will sign anyone this window up front. Think were right in giving Nacho some time to play if we sign a new player this will stop his development in the first team. I think more so we need to get the long term replacement for Yaya sorted out and thats the biggest problem we have were a midfielder will get close to 20 goals a season in all competitions.

City should just go all out and sign Dzyuba. Arguably the best no.9 striker after Lewandowski and Suarez, in the world. Has bagged in 6 goals in 6 CL games. Has got the body of a basketball player, has the pace, strength and skill all to succeed in the Premier League. His strength, physique and height would make him perfect for the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.