Anybody spent anytime in Goa? I lived there for six months...

My uncle lives there during the winter, he showed me a picture of his local boozer which was basically a shed on the beach, kind of put me off really

Just booked an Indian Ocean cruise out of Abu Dahbi for March 2019. Goa is one of the ports of call. Any tips on what to see in a day

Other ports are Mumbai, New Mangalore and Cochin, Any advice would be gratefully received.

Just booked an Indian Ocean cruise out of Abu Dahbi for March 2019. Goa is one of the ports of call. Any tips on what to see in a day

Other ports are Mumbai, New Mangalore and Cochin, Any advice would be gratefully received.

Well, don't get on a train in Mumbai. As for Goa it depenhow much ashore time you have. It's all beautiful so you will be fine. I have attached a trip advisor page that will give you an idea. Google taxi fare prices before you go. The taxi drivers are highway robbers and you need to let them know your not a mug.

Many an exciting exchange I had. :)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...resort_close_to_cruise_port-Mormugao_Goa.html

I'm more of a 5 star hotel with waiter bringing me drinks when I ring my bell type holidaymaker so have a feeling it wouldn't suit me.

Have been going every year for the last 10 years. Mainly round the Candolim area but have also stayed in Calangute and Betalbatim in South. Flying out again on 21st April for 18 nights. Never been this late before and tourist season mainly over. Temperatures in the high 30's but with the humidity as well. The difference from 10 years ago is massive with Bingo, Karaoke etc now a regular thing but with a pint of Kingfisher at £1.30 and a meal for two, with starters and drinks around £18 it has it pulls. Not forgetting the local Brandy (Honeybee) at £2 a bottle!

My uncle lives there during the winter, he showed me a picture of his local boozer which was basically a shed on the beach, kind of put me off really

The beach shacks are what make it! Great food, drink, atmosphere and views ...

Did two weeks in Cavelossim last year, and did love it. Still cheap and cheerful compared to European resorts, and not as commercial by comparison really, but not as it was in the early 80's when my mate spent a year backpacking around India, and four months in Goa. We would deffo return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.