Anyone ordered a new car recently ?

Audi driver eh? Thereby proving beyond all doubt that you're a ****! But we knew that anyway. At least everyone on the road will know it now. ;-) My son-in-law has the e-tron. Very nice it is too.

Anyway, I've just had an email from Ford that my Model T should be delivered by the end of April. Henry apologised for the delay.

First Audi. I am not really a car man. Been driving a clapped out Discovery last few years / just fancied a new one. Happy to be a ****.

Having never owned a new car, I've no experience of how the industry works... But how/why are dealers not going busy with these extraordinary wait times?

Has anyone ordered a new car in the last 12 months ? If so, was it delivered on time ? I ordered a new Skoda last September to be delivered on 1 April 2023 but the dealership have advised there's a worldwide shortage of some components (including semi conductors) and all manufacturers are experiencing delivery delays. Just wondered what other people's experiences were ?
Yep, 10 months delivery for a fucking Nissan.
I'm having a rethink.

Early March order to delivery in early May is really quick. I know someone who ordered a Vauxhall Mokka hybrid due to be delivered in July 2022. In February this year they dealers contacted her and told her the order had been cancelled as there was no prospect of the car ever being built !
They did say it was on build week 12
So I’m guessing it was a cancelled order

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.