Anyone ordered a new car recently ?

stan bowles

Has anyone ordered a new car in the last 12 months ? If so, was it delivered on time ? I ordered a new Skoda last September to be delivered on 1 April 2023 but the dealership have advised there's a worldwide shortage of some components (including semi conductors) and all manufacturers are experiencing delivery delays. Just wondered what other people's experiences were ?

Our partner for lease cars are advising 18-24 months in most cases although some manufacturers are not as affected. Most recent delivery was from Toyota, ordered Feb 2021 and delivered February 2023. Also delivered without second set of keys, all due apparently due to the semi conductor shortage.

Has anyone ordered a new car in the last 12 months ? If so, was it delivered on time ? I ordered a new Skoda last September to be delivered on 1 April 2023 but the dealership have advised there's a worldwide shortage of some components (including semi conductors) and all manufacturers are experiencing delivery delays. Just wondered what other people's experiences were ?
I have ordered two in the last 12 months. A Škoda Kamiq for my mum and a Volvo XC60 plug in hybrid for me. Both were delivered on time. 3 weeks for the Kamiq and 4 weeks for the Volvo. That was Aug/Sept time last year.

Bought an Audi 18 months ago . High spec and a few personal add ons , wheels , interior and panoramic roof . Took approx 5 months from order to arrive at Grimsby docks ( yes you get the delivery tracker same as a parcel :) ) . New cars at Audi only made to order due to slump in demand . Manchester Audi superb !

My new car was ordered back in September '22 and was due last week. I have been told it's now due mid-April to early May which I don't mind as I'm going away next week.

Last edited:
I have ordered two in the last 12 months. A Škoda Kamiq for my mum and a Volvo XC60 plug in hybrid for me. Both were delivered on time. 3 weeks for the Kamiq and 4 weeks for the Volvo. That was Aug/Sept time last year.
I ordered a Kamiq last Spetember. Told by local dealership delivery would take 24-28 weeks. I enquired as to the progress of my order mid February and was told it hadn't started to be built yet and no sign of when it would be. I'd ordered a DSG version and was told these were at the back of the queue !

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.