Anyone Remember John Benson ? (Pro Hughes thread)

moomba said:
Our squad is a good one, its just underperforming at the moment.

Some of our good squad

Evans (shite)
Fernandes (shite)
Vassell (shite)
TBH (shite)
Caicedo (shite)
Hamann (passed it)
Schmeichel (shite)
Ball (shite)
Petrov (injured)
Johnson (injured)
Etuhu (injured)
Sturridge (injured)

twinkletoes said:
moomba said:
Our squad is a good one, its just underperforming at the moment.

Some of our good squad

Evans (shite)
Fernandes (shite)
Vassell (shite)
TBH (shite)
Caicedo (shite)
Hamann (passed it)
Schmeichel (shite)
Ball (shite)
Petrov (injured)
Johnson (injured)
Etuhu (injured)
Sturridge (injured)

Hart (One ofm if not the, best young keepers in Europe)
Zab (Argie international full back)
Dunne (Excellent performer for 5 years and international captain)
Richards (Best young defender in the country, pre Hughes)
Onouha (one of the best young defenders in the country, U21 captain, ignored by Hughes)
Kompany (Once the best youing defender in Europe, still a great young player)
Sturridge (Best young striker in the country)
SWP (City legend, £20m player, one of the best wingers around)
Elano (Brazilian international and playmaker)
Robinho (£32m, yes, THE Robinho)
Jo (£19m Brazil International)
Ireland (one of the best players in the league this season)

Yeah, I can see your point. We probably aren't good enough to be higher than 17th.

brass neck said:
CtidBlueMooner said:
The joke was they only appointed him as replacement for John Bond so that they didn't have to change the initials on the Manager's Tracksuit.
The point I'm making is this club is crying out for stability. Last season was a transition season and because we then sacked Sven, this season as a result will be exactly the same. We have the nucleus of a very good team but sacking Hughes right now is a knee jerk reaction to some poor performances by individual PLAYERS.
Or better still, let's sack him and take our choice from Souness, Harry bassett or George Graham....because if you think any TOP Manager would come to us right now (Mourinho, Hiddink etc) you are just dreaming.
Personally, i have waited 32 years for success....and prepared if necessary to wait 1 or 2 more years so that we make sure we get it right.
Commence slagging off now.....
very well said

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
twinkletoes said:
Some of our good squad

Evans (shite)
Fernandes (shite)
Vassell (shite)
TBH (shite)
Caicedo (shite)
Hamann (passed it)
Schmeichel (shite)
Ball (shite)
Petrov (injured)
Johnson (injured)
Etuhu (injured)
Sturridge (injured)

Onouha (one of the best young defenders in the country, U21 captain, ignored by Hughes)

Yeah, I can see your point. We probably aren't good enough to be higher than 17th.

That's 12 players. I don't think you can play a whole season with just twelve players. How many of them are MH buys by the way?

CtidBlueMooner said:
The joke was they only appointed him as replacement for John Bond so that they didn't have to change the initials on the Manager's Tracksuit.
The point I'm making is this club is crying out for stability. Last season was a transition season and because we then sacked Sven, this season as a result will be exactly the same. We have the nucleus of a very good team but sacking Hughes right now is a knee jerk reaction to some poor performances by individual PLAYERS.
Or better still, let's sack him and take our choice from Souness, Harry bassett or George Graham....because if you think any TOP Manager would come to us right now (Mourinho, Hiddink etc) you are just dreaming.
Personally, i have waited 32 years for success....and prepared if necessary to wait 1 or 2 more years so that we make sure we get it right.

If you offer a top manager hundreds of millions in a transfer fund, yes they will come.

Challenger1978 said:
CtidBlueMooner said:

If you offer a top manager hundreds of millions in a transfer fund, yes they will come.

Abso-f***in-loutely!!!

twinkletoes said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

That's 12 players. I don't think you can play a whole season with just twelve players. How many of them are MH buys by the way?

Yes, you are correct. That's twelve players. Twelve very good players. Twelve players of a quality that most other teams in this league cannot match. If you can point me to 7 or 8 other teams that have 13 players who are of that quality then I will eat my hat.

Oh, and you are correct, some of them are not Mark Hughes purchases. I didn't realise that your opinion of him was that poor tht you were of the opinion that he is only capable of fashioning a mid table team out of players he has personally bought, regardless s to whether he has the above quality available to him. You must think even less of him than I do.

Anyway, its a good job he is at City with the money to replace most of the team in Jan, otherwise, if he were at any other club he might actually have to be there 3 or 4 seasons before he manages to ensure that every player at the club is one of his buys. Good Lord, what would he do then? By your reasoning he would have any club in the conference by then as 'they are not his buys'.

So, when you are ready to tell me what other squads have 12 or 13 players of the quality named above, I'm all ears. Can you, at the same time, give me your reasons as to why Mark Hughes is this special type of manager who we can't expect to be able to work with players of that quality just because he didn't buy them and why that excuse is not available to all the other managers that get the boot within their first two years because they are underperforming.

Get on the phone to Ince and all the others. Their lawyers will be elated to find that they have this cast iron case of unfair dismissal.

"You see, M'Lud, Mr X could not be expected to stay out of the relegation zone as, despite having millions of pounds worth of players and a squad worth 4 times the amount of others with many more points, he didn't buy most of them, you see. Yes, they my be talented but, unless he has personally deemed them to be his favourites my client cannot be expected to fashion anything like decent results out of this bunch of wasters."

"You what? Who is Joe Kinnear, M'Lud? Harry Redknapp? I'm sorry M'Lud, I've never heard of them."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.