Anyone seen the Guardian football page?

come on, don't be so defensive. It's OK not to agree with a news article, but don't expect every story to be slanted towards City.

They have a go at City's £195 loss - but at least its not being transferred as debt on the club.

If you look at the debt of big teams around Europe, our £40m of debt looks good going into the future.

Take your losses instead of creating debt before the FFP monitoring period comes in seems the wise thing to do.

Skashion said:
When Chelsea first bought the league though they talked of nothing but. Give it five years and a steadily growing trophy haul and the record will have to switched somewhere.

Exactly - it will be the same for us in a few years too. I remember nothing but Chelsea during the first few transfer windows under Roman's ownership. There's nothing different now, except that it's about us and we pay more attention.

The article mentioned is a prime example - you'd have to read it through the most cynical of eyes to see anything anti-city in it. Maybe someone on here can suggest a way of writing an end of season financial review (of the kind that have been written for years - even before our take over) in which a team makes a loss that is bigger than any loss made by any other team ever, without mentioning that loss.

From what I've read of David Conn's articles he isn't happy about the direction football is taking (and prior to the takeover which of us would disagree?), but accepts that United, Chelsea and Arsenal have such a head start that City couldn't win catch them without spending big, so it's fair in that context.

Reading the series of articles the figures that struck me were that:

Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United: Average wage bill ~ £150m a year.

The other fifteen clubs: Average wage bill ~ £50m a year.

Now that is f***** up.

On the subject of the Guardian, in the pub before QPR i noticed Hattenstone being interview outside the stadium by Sky News. Now didn't he pen some doubts about the new City a while back; has he seen the light?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.