Anyone seen this:

I am stunned that the Police just stand there doing nothing whilst all the objects are being thrown at the coach, it would appear that their fan's get away with as much as their player's.

Revol said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
I was on that coach, it was before the match

Oh was it?

Was anyone hurt or anything from the windows being smashed?

No-one hurt, only the outside panes of glass got smashed. The inside panes are made of some sort of polycarbonate. Glad we didn't get on a cheaper coach :)

Revol said:
Didsbury Dave said:
When it mattered the legendary MIBs got their arses scattered all over Chester Road, after the game.

I don't agree with hooliganism but this was indeed sweet justice.

Was that by our semi-famous Guvnors or just normal blues who wanted to shut a few wannabe hardmen up?

I thought you would have known given your little fetish.

Ask your MIB heroes...although they'll probably not admit it. It happened though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Revol said:
Was that by our semi-famous Guvnors or just normal blues who wanted to shut a few wannabe hardmen up?

I thought you would have known given your little fetish.

Ask your MIB heroes...although they'll probably not admit it. It happened though.

They did admit it on another board... though of their 40 that got their arses kicked... "Only 10 were proper lads with about 30 young rats", "fair play to City, but you could have had us proper if you'd carried on after we got off on our toes".... Fucking doughnuts!

m27 said:
I tackled a copper I know who was on duty that night about this and he basically admitted that United can do what they like in that small area without fear of arrest. He didn't agree with it but that seems to be their orders.

Mate, they were the most comical bunch I've ever fucking seen.

Shirted up, jester-hatted fat teens who obviously can't get into the pubs. Sweating and bouncing around with their arms around each other. Me and my mate stood there for a bit laughing at them. I swear, I'd rather not win trophies if it meant clowns like that attaching themselves to the club.

It was a bit surreal, all those kebab vans and neon make it feel like a funfair.

Think of England's barmy army, make them a bit younger and a bit more downmarket and you're there. You must know the type.

Didsbury Dave said:
m27 said:
I tackled a copper I know who was on duty that night about this and he basically admitted that United can do what they like in that small area without fear of arrest. He didn't agree with it but that seems to be their orders.

Mate, they were the most comical bunch I've ever fucking seen.

Shirted up, jester-hatted fat teens who obviously can't get into the pubs. Sweating and bouncing around with their arms around each other. Me and my mate stood there for a bit laughing at them. I swear, I'd rather not win trophies if it meant clowns like that attaching themselves to the club.

It was a bit surreal, all those kebab vans and neon make it feel like a funfair.

Think of England's barmy army, make them a bit younger and a bit more downmarket and you're there. You must know the type.

Oh I do indeed! On a similar note, before we were went in the away end, me and my Dad were stood on the forecourt whilst he finished his cigar off. It was one of the most amusing 10 minutes we've ever spent in each other's company.

We barely spoke but just kept laughing and shaking our heads at the muppets walking past. My Dad was on United's books in the late 50s so he was also reminising about running round the outside the ground as part of the Youth Team's training and other interesting stuff I really should probe him more about.

What went unsaid but was evident in what he said was, "Son, they've always been c*nts, but now this is just taking the piss!!"

I was shocked.

I haven't been to OT for a number of years to watch City.

It didn't even feel like going to a football match, it felt like going to the fair. That's the only way I can describe it.

I mean the accents didn't shock me, I expected that. It was the odd atmosphere, the wierd mix of people. I was shocked with the high amount of young Asians and shocked at the lack of black faces. You can see a lot of their support are new fans, late teens, early twenties. And there are a lot of middle class people, accountant types, and quite a few women.

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of matches at grounds all over the country, but I've never known a group of supporters like that. Liverpool was a bit wierd last time I went, but United takes it to the nth degree.

And this kind of half-hearted fiegned yobbishness which doesn't really fit. Fat lads from Bolton singing agressively about Tevez whist eating their mega-King Eric burger.

Fuck that. Even though we lost I never felt gladder to be a blue.

Didsbury Dave said:
I was shocked.

It didn't even feel like going to a football match, it felt like going to the fair. That's the only way I can describe it.

I mean the accents didn't shock me, I expected that. It was the odd atmosphere, the wierd mix of people. I was shocked with the high amount of young Asians and shocked at the lack of black faces. You can see a lot of their support are new fans, late teens, early twenties. And there are a lot of middle class people, accountant types, and quite a few women.

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of matches at grounds all over the country, but I've never known a group of supporters like that. Liverpool was a bit wierd last time I went, but United takes it to the nth degree.

And this kind of half-hearted fiegned yobbishness which doesn't really fit. Fat lads from Bolton singing agressively about Tevez whist eating their mega-King Eric burger.

Now I have been quite a few times in recent years and this was still an eye opener. You've touched upon something interesting there regarding the "yobbishness" because I feel exactly the same. It was like they knew they were supposed to hate us but just couldn't convey it in the correct manner.

One incident summed it all up for me after the game, I'm stood outside, gutted, and then Noel Gallagher, Mike Pickering and a few others walk past. "Alright Noel." "Alright mate" and then three undernourished, acne ridden teenagers come running past me, "Liam, Liam, Liam (seriously!), AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHH!!! 3-1 3-1 3-1!" At which point Mike Pickering stops in his tracks, turns round, shoves two fingers in fornt of their snotty little faces and shouts, "FUCK. OFF!!" I actually though they were going to cry as they traipsed back past me as I laughed at them. Welcome to the real world and just be glad you didn't get a crack. Now fuck off like the man said.

Like you say Dave, I've never felt gladder to be a Blue.

m27 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I was shocked.

Now I have been quite a few times in recent years and this was still an eye opener. You've touched upon something interesting there regarding the "yobbishness" because I feel exactly the same. It was like they knew they were supposed to hate us but just couldn't convey it in the correct manner.

One incident summed it all up for me after the game, I'm stood outside, gutted, and then Noel Gallagher, Mike Pickering and a few others walk past. "Alright Noel." "Alright mate" and then three undernourished, acne ridden teenagers come running past me, "Liam, Liam, Liam (seriously!), AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHH!!! 3-1 3-1 3-1!" At which point Mike Pickering stops in his tracks, turns round, shoves two fingers in fornt of their snotty little faces and shouts, "FUCK. OFF!!" I actually though they were going to cry as they traipsed back past me as I laughed at them. Welcome to the real world and just be glad you didn't get a crack. Now fuck off like the man said.

Like you say Dave, I've never felt gladder to be a Blue.

Fair play to Mike Pickering, a Gardeners regular from the 80s and 90s.

I always liked him. Now he could never ever be a red, it just couldn't happen.

Mike Pickering v Mick Hucknall.

That's City v United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.