Anyone seriously worried about our future title chances?

Am I fuck....
We've only just begun to get our feet under the table, this isn't Blackburn part 2, we've won the league twice in the last three years, we're here to stay...
Maybe we might have to go under the radar for a couple of years, regroup and rebuild and come back stronger than before but we got plenty of title shootouts on the horizon...
Let's get it on...

Worried.... not a chance

We might now have 1-2 years of transition but still being competitive and making a challenge in Europe.

I am Looking forward to it and will do for the rest of my life and so will my 2 boys

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
With our resources a renewed title challenge is only ever 'next season' away - if the transfer strategy is sensible (not like last summer) and the right coach is in place. Any wank season is likely to be quickly fixed by money - exactly how United bought their way out of trouble and we bought our way into the top 4. That's football. Last season United were "finished" and "the next Liverpool" but it was nonsense because with the money in the game now, you're only ever £150m and a decent coach away from getting back or close to where you want to be.
That's true, but it's also feasible that we could finish 5th and see our best players leave

That is a real possibility, as of course is the scenario you paint.

Who did United lose when they finished 7th last season? Having lots of money and the promise of getting back in next year is a nice safety net. I think it's overblown (we signed Tevez, Dzeko, Silva, Yaya before we even had CL football). Of course there is a risk but with these players under contract, apparently happy, and the club not about to go away, our chances of keeping these players would be high.

Anyway, the only two we'd have to worry about are Aguero and Silva. Others are either for sale (Yaya, Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko) or the types who obviously won't go anywhere (Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Bony). Aguero would be the harder of those two to replace but I don't think we'd lose either if we finished 5th. And if we did the money would be extraordinary and Real Madrid/PSG would offer us a selection of top class players in return.

To be regularly winning titles I mean like 3 times of next 4, for that we would need to do immense transfer windows after immense transfer windows. Its very hard given who are our rivals and they can have immense transfer windows on their own.

We will be in it tho. We will fight for titles but we wont win that regularly.

For a start I really hope we would win it either next season or in 2016-2017 season. But if we dont thats 3 season without a title. Can easily happen too.

I am expecting 12-18 months of transition but I expect us to challenge full on in 16-17.

I think we will go for the cups next season with the aim of bedding a team together, having Aguero could see us make a challenge like when Liverpool had Suarez but I don't see us winning it.

dobobobo said:
hazmcfc said:
I for one think we might struggle in the next couple of years to seriously mount a run for the title, does anyone agree?

Can't be arsed reading the thread.

I still worry about what might have been had we not beat Gillingham.

Some people need to learn how to stop worrying and love the opportunity.

And in the short term we will squander that opportunity if we leave Pellegrini in charge. No doubt most City fans can live with that but I think it's a waste of a talented group of players.

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
With our resources a renewed title challenge is only ever 'next season' away - if the transfer strategy is sensible (not like last summer) and the right coach is in place. Any wank season is likely to be quickly fixed by money - exactly how United bought their way out of trouble and we bought our way into the top 4. That's football. Last season United were "finished" and "the next Liverpool" but it was nonsense because with the money in the game now, you're only ever £150m and a decent coach away from getting back or close to where you want to be.
That's true, but it's also feasible that we could finish 5th and see our best players leave

That is a real possibility, as of course is the scenario you paint.

Who did United lose when they finished 7th last season? Having lots of money and the promise of getting back in next year is a nice safety net. I think it's overblown (we signed Tevez, Dzeko, Silva, Yaya before we even had CL football). Of course there is a risk but with these players under contract, apparently happy, and the club not about to go away, our chances of keeping these players would be high.

Anyway, the only two we'd have to worry about are Aguero and Silva. Others are either for sale (Yaya, Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko) or the types who obviously won't go anywhere (Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Bony). Aguero would be the harder of those two to replace but I don't think we'd lose either if we finished 5th. And if we did the money would be extraordinary and Real Madrid/PSG would offer us a selection of top class players in return.
The examples of Bale and Suarez don't look good for the selling club. I'm sure the money would be extraordinary, but it would not be easy to replace players like this. We need to build the team around them, and make sure we are never vulnerable to such a bid.

It's pretty obvious City have taken a massive step backwards this season and we must limit the losses and finish the season well or we will start preparations for the next season under a cloud. I am surprised that the current management seem prepared to let Pellegrini go with the flow so to speak, and see where it takes us. Looks like a very high risk strategy which I would not expect them to take, although I must acknowledge that there maybe negotiations etc going on of which we know nothing. I sincerely hope there are. I am sure I am not alone in seeing only one resolution and the sooner it happens the better. The point of no return was passed some time ago, yet here we still are!

No we have under performed this season and badly since christmas, but a few tweaks be it manager/players/style of play and we will be challenging next year, we've had a wobble we haven't imploded. you would think we were leeds cica 2001-02 the way some people are talking

robbieh said:
dobobobo said:
hazmcfc said:
I for one think we might struggle in the next couple of years to seriously mount a run for the title, does anyone agree?

Can't be arsed reading the thread.

I still worry about what might have been had we not beat Gillingham.

Some people need to learn how to stop worrying and love the opportunity.

And in the short term we will squander that opportunity if we leave Pellegrini in charge. No doubt most City fans can live with that but I think it's a waste of a talented group of players.

*Yawn*

stony said:
Marvin said:
You wait until Aguero puts in his transfer request. And Silva

They didn't come here for this. They are at the peak of their careers

The complacency from the manager and fans is amazing. We're playing with fire

You're a proper ray of sunshine Marvin. I don't think I could get through a day without reading one of your uplifting posts.

The guys a prat, none stop crap posted by him. He's the Sinclair of our forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.