Anyone shed any light on....

citymad

Team supported
Man chest hair City
why Kolarov was chosen instead of Clichy ? Zabba for Micah i can sort've understand because both are decent full backs but the difference in quality between C and K is pretty obvious. I can only think it was because Clichy was carrying a knock. I know Nasri had injured his groin last week so he was used sparingly. Overall though I though the midfield was a safe choice, both Nige and Barry did an outstanding job in breaking up play to allow Silva to roam about and rule the roost. Obviously Bobby got it right in the end because we won but I cant get my head around this rotation for left back.

We're playing Porto on Thursday.
Mancini expects his fullbacks to run twice as far as everyone else.

dont see the problem playing kolarov when were not up against a right winger.

citymad said:
why Kolarov was chosen instead of Clichy ? Zabba for Micah i can sort've understand because both are decent full backs but the difference in quality between C and K is pretty obvious. I can only think it was because Clichy was carrying a knock. I know Nasri had injured his groin last week so he was used sparingly. Overall though I though the midfield was a safe choice, both Nige and Barry did an outstanding job in breaking up play to allow Silva to roam about and rule the roost. Obviously Bobby got it right in the end because we won but I cant get my head around this rotation for left back.

Rotation

The reason we have had few injuries this season is because of Manvini's rotation policy
Nasri did not start because he was unwell

Gotta keep the squad happy and rely on the big players to pull you through - Rags have been doing it for years. Personally the "we get better in the second half of the season" is bollocks - Rags have always had a decent and large squad so when injuries / tiredness or whatever starts kicking in as the new year starts they are able to replace quality players with quality players - many other teams aint so for me its not that the rags get better its the fact that many many teams get worse because they are unable to replace players with similar quality.

Its a squad game

I do understand blues questioning RM's fullback rotation policy but not necessarily on a day when it works!

NDJ said:
Resting them for Porto, I'd say
Yes, I think Mancini is going to put out a strong team on Thursday with no league match next weekend. Hopefully get a lead to bring back and rest a few for the home leg ahead of the Blackburn match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.