Anyone shed any light on....

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
It's even better winning without Clichy, Micah, Nasri, Edin, Balotelli and Yaya. Rested players are usually stronger in the next game and it shows our strength in depth

Great win don't get me wrong but we'll just brush over the fact we were clinging on at the end after creating very few real chances throughout the game.

Down purely to poor team selection.

The team selection won us 3 points.

I think we'll see Kolarov start more often now teams are camping in their own half; he offers far more going forward and our left back won't have as many defensive responsibilities. Clichy will start against teams who will actually try and win games against us because he is the better all round defender.

kenzie115 said:
I think we'll see Kolarov start more often now teams are camping in their own half; he offers far more going forward and our left back won't have as many defensive responsibilities. Clichy will start against teams who will actually try and win games against us because he is the better all round defender.

Agree with this.

For all Gael's pace, his crosses are poor, he tends to deliver "floaters" giving the goalie good time to pick them out. When Kolorov crosses, they come in with pace and swerve, pinning the keeper on his line and giving us a better precentage of bagging one.

Not gonna lie I shake like a leaf when I see Kolarovs name in the lineup, but we won and he didnt have a bad game so thats all that matters.

Now Cliche is 100% for thursday night to hopefully, bring an advantage back home

Kris_Musampa said:
For all Gael's pace, his crosses are poor, he tends to deliver "floaters" giving the goalie good time to pick them out. When Kolorov crosses, they come in with pace and swerve, pinning the keeper on his line and giving us a better precentage of bagging one.

Agree with this, just like the drilled cross Kolarov did in the second half as it fizzed right across the 6 yard box with Silva and Aguero stretching for it. On another day it probably would have gone in via one of our players or a deflection from a defender.

FantasyIreland said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
It annoys me.We are a far better,more fluid and threatening side with our first choice fullbacks as they are simply better footballers and offer us far more creative options.

Had they played,our goal difference could have improved by a greater margin and i would have some fingernails left .....

Not 100% sure if we have first choice full backs! Most might think it's Micah and Clichy but the manager has rung the changes so often it's not easy to tell.

I assume he changes them as they do so much work up and down the line (more than other positions?) and he thinks they need resting but maybe it's not just that and he plays the ones he thinks are best suited to the opposition.Or are they all as good as each other in their roles

Thats my point - we should have,and they are Richards and Clichy.

It's cost us dear already this season.
Absolutely spot on. We should have done just as we did at Everton and cranked up the goal difference. I don't understand why we changed fullbacks after decisively proving how effective our first choice fullbacks are.

NDJ said:
Resting them for Porto, I'd say

We shouldn't be resting anyone for a fucking pointless match in a waste of space tournament when every point could make the difference between the holy grail coming to eastlands or going to those cunts at the swamp.

Kolarov is rubbish at defending. He backs off the winger and gets beaten too easily. He is only good at going forward and crossing the ball in. He'd be better if we converted him into a left winger really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.