Anyone want us to go out of the Europa League on Thursday?

Score 2 goals, stop them from scoring at all. Beat them in penalties or nick a last minute goal in extra time. We have the team to beat them. Let's believe in them.

it also has affect what day we play the semi on!

if we win we play on sunday

if we lose we play on saturday!

but i want us to win every game we play!

Controversial as it may sound - I'd have preferred going out of the FA Cup and progressing in the Europa...one reason - the rearranging of the Spurs game which is going to happen now that we're in the semis. Potentially, that game will be the biggest game of our season - and moving it into the last few weeks of the season as per last season makes it all the more shit or bust (potentially). If Top 4 is the priority, then playing that game earlier, would IMO present less of a risk because a bad result would still leave us time to make up the points. I fear if it's left until the final week or two, we will be in a do or die situation...and Spurs would IMO have the the psychological edge over us...

Having said that, now that we're in the semis - fuck it, lets go and beat Kyiv 3 nil on Thursday, beat Chelsea on Sunday, and set ourselves up to steam roll through the final stretch of the season destroying everyone in our wake...!

whilst my heart always once City to win, there will definitely be a silver lining to the cloud if we go out in Thursday - and I think we will.

I am totally torn this week.

It is not just the Europa I am thinking about but the league and FA Cup. I don't want to be playing on the Thursday before we play the rags on the sunday. I would quite like a restful week.

I also want the rags to go through tonight so they have a game on the Wednesday.

I have my ticket for Thursday but I would not be upset with watching a good 5-3 win.

I want us to win. But I always want us to win.

I don't think teams can pick and choose their tournaments to be successful in.

Too many variables. So let's just take each game as it comes... and win the fucking lot of 'em!

SWP's back said:

It is not just the Europa I am thinking about but the league and FA Cup. I don't want to be playing on the Thursday before we play the rags on the sunday. I would quite like a restful week.

I also want the rags to go through tonight so they have a game on the Wednesday.

I have my ticket for Thursday but I would not be upset with watching a good 5-3 win.

hypothectical question
move on one year say nothing is different apart from(and it could be)
thursday is now the champs league(obviously now wed)
now what would you say

tonea2003 said:
SWP's back said:

hypothectical question
move on one year say nothing is different apart from(and it could be)
thursday is now the champs league(obviously now wed)
now what would you say

Do the CL and Europa have the same number of games LEFT (not already played) as each other? Can't find it anywhere?

The champs league

I think its a daft argument.
Teams that win things have a winning mentality.
You can bet if we pull a win out on Thursday.We will have a much better chance of getting a result at Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.