Anyone want us to go out of the Europa League on Thursday?

if we go out it could dent the lads confidence and fuck up the rest of our season

SWP's back said:
Do the CL and Europa have the same number of games LEFT (not already played) as each other? Can't find it anywhere?

The champs league

Yes, more of less in case you are talking about number of rounds - both cups are finishing 1/8.
This Friday we will have 1/4 and 1/2 seeding for both tournaments.

Probably the most ridiculous thread I have seen on this forum.

How many years have we been waiting to challange in European football, regardless if its in Uefa or Champions League.

Every game we want to win, we have the squad we have the players.

If this is the real thought of 'true blues' what the hell are the players thinking. They probably wont turn up on Thursday.

Semi final is the semi, the derby is not our cup final these days. Lets concentrate on the job in hand, geting the boys to the quaters!!!!!

mxpx said:
Every game we want to win, we have the squad we have the players.

We haven't. Recent matches have proven that. Well, we have, but half of the squad is out on loan so we're left short

SWP's back said:
tonea2003 said:
hypothectical question
move on one year say nothing is different apart from(and it could be)
thursday is now the champs league(obviously now wed)
now what would you say

Do the CL and Europa have the same number of games LEFT (not already played) as each other? Can't find it anywhere?

The champs league
yes now both at the quarter final stage after this week

so you are saying blow the premiership and go for the champs league?
not go for both?

Re: Anyone want us to go out of the Europa Cup on Thursday?

Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:
i'd play a reserve team and go out.

europa league is shit , no money , no interest , just fatigue and injuries.

Agreed.

I will however be in the stadium cheering the boys on, just won't be overly upset if we go out.

Win/Win imo.

My thinking as well

Wait, some ways of thinking here are really beyond me.

So, apart from winning the EPL (which is a primary goal of course) every year you fight for the top EPL spots so that you can get in european competitions.

And then once you get in - you wish to get knocked out? WTF, are you serious???! How does that work, someone please enlighten me??

I mean - this time next year when City is in CL, are people gonna wish we get kicked out of that too so that we can win the top 4 again??? :-)

WTF are we winning top spots for if we're gonna give up in related competitions??

Some flawed fucking logic I say. Seriously.

EaglesFan said:

So, apart from winning the EPL (which is a primary goal of course) every year you fight for the top EPL spots so that you can get in european competitions.

And then once you get in - you wish to get knocked out? WTF, are you serious???! How does that work, someone please enlighten me??

I mean - this time next year when City is in CL, are people gonna wish we get kicked out of that too so that we can win the top 4 again??? :-)

WTF are we winning top spots for if we're gonna give up in related competitions??

Exactamundo...

Soulboy said:
EaglesFan said:

Exactamundo...

He used the term EPL, therefore his point is null and void

Do any of these clubs want to get knocked out of European football on purpose?

Barca
Real
Athletico
Valencia
Inter
AC
Roma
CSKA
Bayern
Schalke
Hamburg
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Lyon
Marseille
Ajax
Porto

The majority of them are top European clubs who have either in the past gone far in the 2 comps or even this season. We shouldn't even contemplate wanting to go out as no other top club would want to either. Mentality needs to change into a win every game one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.