Anything you miss?

People smiling when you said you were a Blue and they thought you were a proper football fan and not a glory hunter.

Away ticket availability.

Bugger all to spend your money on in the club shop other than a replica shirt.

Being able to park closer to ground an hour before kick off.

Not having to go to Wembley three times in a few months.

Not being too worried if you had to miss a game through holidays/weddings/funerals etc.

Reading the national newspapers everyday searching every page for some small story about us.

Nowadays, getting annoyed because the national newspapers print too many bullshit stories about us!

The original Charcoal Grill behind the North Stand!

The demo's outside the ground.

Millwall at home

Queueing up around Maine road for tickets and then being asked by the big black tout to go get him another one! I cant remember his name but I believe he passed away recently so RIP.

I was used to us being shit so this post is more of a things I miss about Maine Road

I do miss the feeling of not knowing if we will win. Or unexpected wins. Now we dominate home matches and many away. Im not complaining, I prefer it this way of course. But 'underdog City' is long gone now…

looking at the table around this time of the year and working out where we will get our points from to stay up and thinking will we be safe with 38 or 39 or 40 points...

manimanc said:
looking at the table around this time of the year and working out where we will get our points from to stay up and thinking will we be safe with 38 or 39 or 40 points...

Lol..I used to do this when Pearce was in charge!!!!

the thing i miss is the unpredictability of our matches, there was a real sense of joy when we won, now when we win its expected, whereas if we were to lose now, then either someone should be getting sacked or dropped.

Obviously would not swap our position for the world.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
manimanc said:

Lol..I used to do this when Pearce was in charge!!!!
i did it with our first year at the etihad with keegan and it was only recently it struck me how deep in the shit we was right up until playing newcastle at home when paulo scored for us and virtually saved our bacon,if i remember rightly that relegated leicester who had turned us over 3-0 at home a few months previous...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.