Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

With Palmer what are we missing? he contributed so little but in saying that he could in time make us look fools in letting him leave.

Mahrez and Gundo were huge players for us, but personally think it was a good time for both to leave at the very top.

Last edited:
With Palmer what are we missing, he contributed so little but in saying that he could in time make us look fools in letting him leave.

Mahrez and Gundo were huge players for us, but personally think it was a good time for both to leave at the very top.
Just don’t think he has what it takes to become an elite player. He’s got talent, no doubt about that, a lovely left foot but it’s not strong or quick enough.Maybe in time that might change.

Just don’t think he has what it takes to become an elite player. He’s got talent, no doubt about that, a lovely left foot but it’s not strong or quick enough.Maybe in time that might change.
I would agree and Pep must have had similar thoughts but he's had a very solid start at Chelsea in very difficult circumstances.

With Palmer what are we missing? he contributed so little but in saying that he could in time make us look fools in letting him leave.

They were gonna leave sooner or later. I'm much happier they have left and we focus more on what they achieved and how beautifully they operated rather than hang on to them and only notice a decline. They were outstanding PL players and any team would miss their contribution, but we move on!

100% miss Gundo, huge player for us, tempo setter , feel with Gundo in team we would have won at Wolves and with him no longer being at club makes Rodri's suspension a bigger deal

We're not missing Palmer because he was mainly a bench warmer. That said Many Chelsea fans are delighted with him and think he was a steal for 45M. Lol. I think we had them over right now but you never know.

And i agree about Gundo and Mahrez. Both are ageing and have achieved all they can for us so twas right to let them go before their legs go.

Too early to tell. We replaced Laporte with Gvardiol so I would say no on that one. Palmer didn't contribute a huge amount and Doku is already delivering to no.

Against Wolves and Newcastle I imagine we would have had better results with Gundo and Mahrez on the pitch personally. In games like that against Wolves, we would have had a lot more control and patience in possession and more goal threat from Gundo whilst Mahrez would have created something with his trickery I'm sure.

But overall we have coped incredibly well. Last night showed that we are a different team with the likes of Rodri and Bernardo in there, and Lewis did a much better job than Nunes and Kovacic last weekend.

But the injuries we have had meant we had to throw new players in early and it didn't work. Them being on the bench, with Ake too, was probably a kick up the arse from Pep as much as giving them a rest!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.