Are people thicker these days?

Not taking responsibility for yourself is a spreading contagion aided and abetted by PC shite, fat knackers blaming
supermarkets and shops for their inability to keep their mouths shut for 10 minutes, the government actually
planning to force manufacturers to reduce sugar and fat in their produce.
Social skills is another societal regression, plenty of kids can't use a knife and fork, or hold them correctly, and table manners
are becoming a thing of the past. As for general intelligence, it's not logical to presume the current generation are thicker,
but technology has stifled a lot of practical skills, basic household repairs or decoration are beyond many of them.

Very true, but if people do want to give it a try all the info is on YouTube how to do it. Ive done a lot of my own car repairs from videos on youtube, stuff that 20 years ago your average joe would have no chance of doing. So thats one positive

History wise I doubt many under the age of 25 could tell you who historical figures from this country like henry II, alfred the great, newton, stephenson, brunel and even dick turpin were.

Do young uns still get taken to styal mill and other sites and taught about stuff, my school took us there, chatsworth house, the blue john mines, nottingham (to learn about robin hood) and many other places of historical value, we also had an allotment plot at parrs wood so we could learn to grow food and other useful skills.
Spot on, they think Churchill is a fat dog on TV adverts, mention D-Day and they think it's derby day lol
Never got taken anywhere in school my lot or if there was a trip somewhere like you mention they ducked out sick because it was "boring" or "not cool"
We had trips to Normandy, Crecy, Arnhem and you went if your parents had the money or you did a paper round or odd jobs yourself to make cash, in this country they took us to Towton and Tewksbury to learn about the Wars of the Roses, this generation think that's a dust up between 2 florists on Gorton high street
Malham Tarn and Blue John mines to study geology and geography were favorites at my school, I went again and again and shown an interest, this lot would think a Tarn was a drunken Jock and Blue John is a City fan in the family stand, i despair at the fuckers

I work in a very busy public environment every day,so i'm in a very good position to offer input.

From experience,i'd say that people have definitely regressed in terms of intelligence,common sense and basic social skills.Rudeness and selfishness are also undesirable traits i witness on a very frequent basis.

My biggest gripe is that many individuals are unwilling to take responsibility for themselves,they are far too inclined to let others think,act and even provide for them,while simultaneously finding reason to place blame elsewhere.
I work in a very busy public environment as well. There is definitely a sense of people being unwilling, or more frighteningly, unable to do things for themselves. Also, we ask the question 'what is your occupation?'. There is a rather alarming cohort of under 25s who quite genuinely don't know what that means, and we then have to say 'do you have a job?'.

I work in a very busy public environment as well. There is definitely a sense of people being unwilling, or more frighteningly, unable to do things for themselves. Also, we ask the question 'what is your occupation?'. There is a rather alarming cohort of under 25s who quite genuinely don't know what that means, and we then have to say 'do you have a job?'.
Yep,its an alien concept to many.

Some see being thick as a badge of honour, it's the Joey Essex syndrome (although he's clearly not as thick as he makes out). Do you know the Prime Minister of Britain? Prince Charles innit? giggle...Capital of England, erm Wales...fucking pricks.

Working with the general public, I am genuinely puzzled how some of them manage to get through life and have managed to survive as long as they have. The gene pool is at an all time low.

Last edited:
My wife teaches at a college, they have set up a class for new students called 'Roots'
Fuck all to do with hair dye or slavery, it's basic, ( very basic), maths and English.
They have to teach them the time as they can only tell it digitally off their phones, and not the traditional clock face.
Also this 'text speak' doesn't seem to help, abbreviating every other word.

As an aside I went to Sainsbury's petrol station in Salford about midnight one Saturday. The gormless twat in front of me was barking his order at the young girl on the till. Luckily she was behind plate glass. He ordered '2 fosters, when she came back after walking across the shop he said ' 2 packs I wanted' then turned to his mate and said ' Fick as fuck her!'
Then she brought that back and he said " and a snickers bar"
I thought I was gonna be there all night!
Never been since!

After a visit to the dentist recently I purchased some dental sticks and some floss priced at £1, £1 and £1.75.
She picked up a calculator and started to punch the numbers in, I said "are you serious it's £3.75"
She replied "I wasn't very good at maths at school".
"No kidding"I replied.

My wife teaches at a college, they have set up a class for new students called 'Roots'
Fuck all to do with hair dye or slavery, it's basic, ( very basic), maths and English.
They have to teach them the time as they can only tell it digitally off their phones, and not the traditional clock face.
Also this 'text speak' doesn't seem to help, abbreviating every other word.

As an aside I went to Sainsbury's petrol station in Salford about midnight one Saturday. The gormless twat in front of me was barking his order at the young girl on the till. Luckily she was behind plate glass. He ordered '2 fosters, when she came back after walking across the shop he said ' 2 packs I wanted' then turned to his mate and said ' Fick as fuck her!'
Then she brought that back and he said " and a snickers bar"
I thought I was gonna be there all night!
Never been since!

There is a lot of lack of preperation I have noticed nowadays, we get people buying food and snacks asking for one thing at a time a lot for example someone buys in our canteen at work a chip butty ask them if they want somethimg else they say no, pay then they ask for a sauce and a drink, pay again then ask for a cake or something, I go to a food counter I know what I want collectively.

Here's a question on the same lines, people getting breakfast ask for 2 bacon on toast a lot, what are they asking for though? does everybody think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.