Are Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones going to be as good as Kompany, Toure, Aguero?

Marvin

All change at City this season. Of the old players who have been at the heart of City for 6 years, all but Silva are on their way out:

Hart: Torino'
Zabaleta - really struggling
Kompany - injured / absent
Toure - Struggling
Silva - Still brilliant
Aguero - His worst season to date. 13 goals in this City team is poor

Fortunately for City the new players are looking the part:

Stones. A slow start. I think he's an ordinary defender, but he has a unique ability to become an extra man in midfield, and if he starts to take responsibility and bring the ball into midfield he can become a great player and a huge asset for City

Gabriel Jesus: Just how good is he? I am not saying much here because we all saw him.

Leroy Sane: another exceptional talent who clicked against Arsenal and after recovering from injury after that game has been one of our best players

Sterling: 6 goals, 6 assists. Good not great, but if he had been awarded the no. of pens he deserved we'd probably be top of the league.

KDB: A poor season by his standards, but No. 2 in the Premier League for assists

I Txiki can bring in 3-4 defensive players of the same standard as these, we'll have the best team in Europe. I already think that had Jesus been available for most of the season, we'd be top with Chelsea.

We were privileged to have seen Kompany and Toure for City and they set this club up. Now the next team is almost in place now to take City on again.

Stones isn't as good as Kompany, and Jesus has a long way to become Aguero, but our wingers are the best we've ever had. It marks a change in our playing style where our reliance on fullbacks to overlap and provide width is going to be replaced by a reliance on the fullbacks to be able to step inside and play football.

We don't have anybody to replace Toure yet. We won't be able to get a like for like because that doesn't exist. In his prime at City he was a seriously unique talent. When you consider Pogba costs £90m, a Toure would be completely priced out of the market.

Beat me to it,he looked tired last game but aside from that he has been very good,doubt we will give him an extension but you never know
I disagree. He's been good in the low intensity games where City have 75% possession and he doesn't have to track opponents. His work off the ball is terrible and a big weakness which gets exposed against the best teams. He has a role in City's squad for some games, but he is way below the player he once was

I disagree. He's been good in the low intensity games where City have 75% possession and he doesn't have to track opponents. His work off the ball is terrible and a big weakness which gets exposed against the best teams. He has a role in City's squad for some games, but he is way below the player he once was
Of course he is not as good as he was as he is 34 soon,he is different not bad and has been chasing and tackling,he has played a lot since he came back,perhaps too much but pep trusts him still

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.