Are we going to see the end of Season Tickets?

Yep; it's not the same game I grew up watching in the 70s and 80s. I'm rapidly falling out of love with it, even allowing for the wonderful teams we've been blessed with during the last decade or so. Not sure if I'll be bothering coming over any more. With flights and hotels it's impossible to justify spending upwards of €300 to watch a single game.
Yeah unfortunately that's how I feel.
I don't look at any other scores even anymore.
Never mind watch a game.
Can't be arsed with the moaning and diving for a start.
Last home game this season will be my last city game unfortunately

The advent of virtual season tickets will change the entire spectator landscape.

this is a very interesting (or soul destroying, depending on your point of view) development of the game that reared its head in covid (for obvious reasons) and dampened down again, but is definitely back on the agenda. The clubs can license out VR viewing fees to 150k supporters at a time, on club branded VR sets, with players getting involved on licensing out image rights to be used on fan avatars, and so on.

but this plays off against the marketability and demand to attend the real thing. At the moment i think all eyes are on prizing away seats from life-long fans to increase their value.

a good point. I can foresee 'limited' deals, such as 2 year STs or some such. Lifer tickets at reduced rates are very incongruent with modern football (in my eyes).
I see it like a pub getting rid of all the old regulars because they didn't spend enough on things other than ale, then realise, only too late, that although younger customers spend more they are very fickle and soon move to the latest modernised pub.

I see it like a pub getting rid of all the old regulars because they didn't spend enough on things other than ale, then realise, only too late, that although younger customers spend more they are very fickle and soon move to the latest modernised pub.
Perhaps we are seeing the advent of that with Messi and Ronaldo fans, and now Haaland fans, who follow the player and not the club? the modern fan is bizarre.

Yeah unfortunately that's how I feel.
I don't look at any other scores even anymore.
Never mind watch a game.
Can't be arsed with the moaning and diving for a start.
Last home game this season will be my last city game unfortunately

I gave up my season ticket at the end of last season. I've watched every game this season from the comfort of my armchair. You won't miss it, believe me.
I've saved myself a fortune and not had to suffer travel, parking, and tourists.
The owners of 'elite' clubs won't give a shit about people like us. We don't spend enough on a match to match basis.

Given the numbers of yank owners, it won't be long before the match is a small part of the football 'experience'.

They've got control of the most profitable sport and are milking it to the extent they are going to kill it, even vampires leave some blood left for the next feed. People are running the game who may very well understand business but know absolutely nothing about why a person goes consistently to watch a football match even if the team they watch is shit.

Not taking account of tribally and tradition (Values sneered on by some on here too) will murder the mass appeal of football in a single generation.

They've got control of the most profitable sport and are milking it to the extent they are going to kill it, even vampires leave some blood left for the next feed. People are running the game who may very well understand business but know absolutely nothing about why a person goes consistently to watch a football match even if the team they watch is shit.

Not taking account of tribally and tradition (Values sneered on by some on here too) will murder the mass appeal of football in a single generation.
I've asked myself this on many occasions :)

Seriously though I fully agree, and regarding what happens if the team stops being successful.

Due to franchising top level American sport doesn't suffer like we football does as it doesn't have the threat of relegation or non-qualification to a certain competition. Also if the local area doesn't build them a new playing arena then they'll just move to one that will.

The goose may not lay the golden egg forever!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.