Are we Having a Transition Season?

Bookies dont set odds because of their opinion, they set odds to minimise loss/maximise profit. They go with betting patterns and to hook mug punters in.

And you have heard the saying that bookies don't get it wrong much?

So they still fancy us whether it's an opinion or not from them, as for the mug punters line, we are all mugs who like a bet I suppose, but for more or less even money this morning there won't be too many shying away

2019 / 2020 season was even worse, I couldn't see how we could have managed to come up again..

Sterling was the leader, fucking Raheem Sterling as our main guy in attack :D
Sane gone, Kompany gone.. aging Silva and Aguero, Rodri wasn't playing good enough to replace Fernandinho, Laporte injured
That clown Mendy was playing and doing stupidest mistakes whenever he could..
Cancelo seemed to be a flop and waste of money... Even Danilo seemed a better player than him...
Mahrez also played at a very bad level..

Only KDB was playing at decent level..

But somehow after 12 months - we had best LW in the league with Foden.. Mahrez played fantastic football and had one of the best statistics.. Gundo resurrected his career..
Best LB with Cancelo and started that amazing journey of three PL titles, 2 CL finals, etc..

Now I don't see that many problems and that's why we still haven't lost the season, everything is our hands, but there are problems of course...

Phillips needs to go ASAP and decent replacement should come, that can cover Rodri and Stones positions..
Matheus should recover his form like Cancelo did and Kovacic should at least become decent squad player, which I think is surely possible..

Right now we have 1 flop in Phillips
and 1 potential flop in Matheus, but I think it's too early to judge him..

Other players and squad in overall is best in the world.

So we need some minor changes. Start with cover for Rodri in January and let's see..

Plus KDB.. Best player in the league for the last 10 years has been injured since the start of the season and we still managed to get some results..

So I see no reason to panic, still.. this season can be as successful as the previous ones.

But Pep should stop this experiments. Rico.. when you have Kovacic and Matheus on the bench is the big mistake. Yesterday if we played with Kovacic-Matheus in midfield instead of Julian and Rico, we could have played better, cause they are fucking midfielders at least and are more experienced.

What was our midfield yesterday: 2 centre backs, 1 striker and 1 fullback.. That's why we struggled a lot. Of course Rodri is Rodri, but still, with Kovacic and Matheues, we could have looked more solid.

Last edited:
Recruitment been abysmal in the summer.

Sick of hearing give players time.

Phillips been here nearly 3 years now. And never plays as Pep doesn't rate him. How long do we give him? Another year? 2?

Same with Gomes.

Kovacic and Nunes are prem proven and they look Miles away from elite level required at this club.

How can a club of out stature be so reliant on one player (Rodri). If he did a De Bruyne and was out for a long spell, is that it. We chuck the towel in?? Criminal.

Heads upstairs need a hard look at themselves as well as some of our players and coaching staff.!!
Exactly this ! The Summer recruitment has completely tossed off one of Peps final 2 seasons.

We’ve gone from the best midfield in world football to playing a kid right back, a centre half and a striker in their places within 6 months.

Kovacic Phillips and Nunes are all done at City already. They won’t start another premier league game between them - absolute frightening waste of money. Guarantee we will still be paying their wages when Txiki fucks off with Pep in 18 months.

Recruitment been abysmal in the summer.

Sick of hearing give players time.

Phillips been here nearly 3 years now. And never plays as Pep doesn't rate him. How long do we give him? Another year? 2?

Same with Gomes.

Kovacic and Nunes are prem proven and they look Miles away from elite level required at this club.

How can a club of out stature be so reliant on one player (Rodri). If he did a De Bruyne and was out for a long spell, is that it. We chuck the towel in?? Criminal.

Heads upstairs need a hard look at themselves as well as some of our players and coaching staff.!!
My fucking god.

When did we start acquiring a fan base of such fragility, that statements like this are made?

Can I just remind you we are treble winners? We have no Devine right to be outstanding every single game we play. That just is not how it works.

Ffs.

Transition season? No, I don't think so. I'm not convinced our incoming transfers this season will be capable of transitioning to multi trophy winning squad members. Our only hope this season of being competitive is maintaining a fit spine of Ederson/Stones/Rodri/De Bruyne/Haaland. In the next two transfer windows we need to buy us a new midfield that is capable of reaching the heights of silva/gundo/rodri/fern/kev/yaya and peak Bernie.

What has disappointed most this season is Pep's treatment of Phil. I thought with Kev out, Phil would be given the central attacking midfield role. He hasn't consistently. Its clear Pep still doesn't trust him but how the hell is he to learn? Instead we have him wide, showing snatches of absolute brilliance but more often than not fading in and out of games. There is still time.

My fucking god.

When did we start acquiring a fan base of such fragility, that statements like this are made?

Can I just remind you we are treble winners? We have no Devine right to be outstanding every single game we play. That just is not how it works.

Ffs.
Embarrassing entitlement on this thread just because a few transfers haven’t worked out, or have been slow starters, or we are not winning every game.

Some people on here wanted Rhodri (Plodri anyone?) gone after his first season saying he wasn’t fit to lace Fern’s boots.

Embarrassing entitlement on this thread just because a few transfers haven’t worked out, or have been slow starters, or we are not winning every game.

Some people on here wanted Rhodri (Plodri anyone?) gone after his first season saying he wasn’t fit to lace Fern’s boots.
Exactly that.

My fucking god.

Ffs.
I'm spending the day away from here, too many fannies and wums.

One thing I will write though is about a comment made in commentary before the game regarding how it's been a procession for City to win the title every year recently. What a load of tosh. One season we had it easy, every other has been won down to hard work and professionalism. If it HAD been a procession I'd be bored of it, but I'm not. It's good to see new teams challenging, and Villa were excellent last night, we just have to find a way through this tricky spell which isn't as bad as it looks. We played pretty well against the dippers and Spurs and should have won both if our finishing had been its usual self, Chelsea played well and deserved something out of that game. Only yesterday, with three of our usual goal threats (Rodri, Jack and Doku) out of action along with Kev, did we look ordinary.

We'll be there or thereabouts this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.