Are we repeating the same mistakes?

Fernando is a shit Garcia.We are even relying on lampard to be our talisman it`s frightening. We have gone backwards this season or maybe we hit the peek last year and we need to look at the recruiting players cos it looks like we are getting done in the market buying overpriced very average players

KippaxCitizen said:
bitsmith said:
Hardly voluntary mistake, we are forced to make them with FFP.

We haven't signed any world class player for years and many were available - van persie, hazard, di maria, sanchez, fabregas.. one of two of those would surely be city players if uefa didn't fuck us.
Cop out excuse...we actually tried to sign Hazard and Sanchez, they turned us down. UEFA had nowt to do with those.

Sanchez was way before we started to care about FFP

meet me at the 109 said:
Fernando is a shit Garcia.We are even relying on lampard to be our talisman it`s frightening. We have gone backwards this season or maybe we hit the peek last year and we need to look at the recruiting players cos it looks like we are getting done in the market buying overpriced very average players
Fernando and Mangala are top quality players who will be key players for years to come.

You might have a point about Sagna. Lampard is still quality. Remember your boy Scholes? He went on for quite a few years

meet me at the 109 said:
Fernando is quality. Give him chance, he's been dropped into the perfect storm here.

No, we are making all new ones. Remember our defence of the title last time fell apart when Aguero got injured and Toure went to ACON. Kompany was in and out with injury. I'm not sure what's behind it this time. I can see MP having sacrificed early season sharpness to give us a massive peak at the end of the year, but we appear to be losing confidence, and it doesn't explain the basic mistakes that are being repeated, not year after year, but week after week.

It's so ridiculously easy for any opposition midfielder to stand either one of our two central midfielders up, and waltz past without any skill or pace. Then he's running at the heart of the defence......which has been attacking the ball far too much for far too long, and missing far too much recently. Kompany and others are now unsure of themselves when it is exposed (as is happening time after time), and they seem to be trying too hard to compensate with effort and aggression, rather than concentration, collective organisation and careful use of body positioning and strength.

Yes playing 2 up front when we are being carved open with only 4 in midfield. And yes rotating fullbacks every game so the defence cannot possibly get any kind of understanding with one another. It's mind boggling and negligent.

teams have figured us out and we have no plan b, just what happened to Mancini in the end.

we play one way, regardless of the opposition and not adapting to each opposition we play.

and Pellers saying we should play better now we arent in as many competitions now is a worrying sign that he's not sure how to fix it.

A few of us got shouted down for saying the transfer window reminded us of 2012. Signing what I presumed to be a very good player, and just what we needed, in Mangala softened the blow but he looks clumsy. However, coming from the Portuguese league to the Premier is never easy and he has plenty of bedding in to do yet.

However, as a few have said in tho thread we haven't really signed a proper top of the range talent since Aguero. You can blame FFP but we have spent plenty of money in that time which in the main has been wasted. I know people will say we can't sign every player and I know people will say we might have been in for him but for me I will never understand why Fabregas is not at our club. He was exactly the player we needed with proven premiership experience and the legs to get up and down the pitch. Instead we seem insistent on buying these limited, slow defensive midfield types that don't really offer that much. Fabregas alongside Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva and Milner/Nasri/Jovetic with Aguero up top would be unstoppable.

I don't blame the manager anymore than I did the last time this happened under Mancini.

I blame the players and even more so those at the club responsible for player recruitment and retention. All that "the manager needs to be holistic" bollocks is just that. Bollocks. That was an easy excuse to shift blame onto the previous manager.
Next time it will be "the manager needs to be firmer" or some such excuse.

Yaya should've been bombed out after the World Cup, and if nobody came in for him told to train with the reserves until January.
Joe hart looks like he's trying to get another manager sacked.
Ditto nasri. Ditto dzeko. Ditto some others.

I feel sorry for MP, as I felt sorry for The last guy.

It's not ffp. We've spent millions.

GeekinGav said:
teams have figured us out and we have no plan b, just what happened to Mancini in the end.

we play one way, regardless of the opposition and not adapting to each opposition we play.

and Pellers saying we should play better now we arent in as many competitions now is a worrying sign that he's not sure how to fix it.

I tend to agree with that, I think Dortmund were the first team to show the others how it's done, pressing high on our midfield allowing them no time on the ball, nicking it and immediately putting us under pressure, a lot of teams have done it this season now, some more effectively than others, but other than lump the ball up, we don't seem to have an answer, it's worrying going into a derby as it's the type of tactical game plan the rags/turtle will employ I'm sure, but Pellegrini needs to come up with some answers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.