Are You Doing Anything To Protest About The Latest Season Ticket Price Increase?

To the board it obviously does make sense or do you think they just thought this'll be a laugh lets piss off fans and watch a bluemoon meltdown, or do you think they thought they had sound reasons for it.

£920,000 reasons?

Honestly Blue Parrot, what difference is that going to make?

For me it's not that amount, it's the amount of continual season ticket and matchday price increases.

Nobody ever mentions the stealth block and row price increase that City brought in.

How can you charge 1 row apart £x more?

You, row 10.
Me, row 11.
You pay £x more because.....

Is it a better seat? No!
Is it a better view? No!
Is the person next to you more happy than the person next to me? Maybe? No!
Are you closer to the bar by 2 steps? Yes!

It was and still is a f*** ing joke.

One of the worst, if not the worst, pricing mechanisms brought in by City.

Last edited:
must be 25 odd years since the City fans were any good at protesting anything. Plenty of times and reasons in the not so distant past to stand up but everyone turned a blind eye, reap what you sow lads.

No. I don’t ever add the Fa cup and league cup on to mine, just the CL. Same for me this year.

must be 25 odd years since the City fans were any good at protesting anything. Plenty of times and reasons in the not so distant past to stand up but everyone turned a blind eye, reap what you sow lads.
Not true, plenty of City fans got involved in the "20's plenty" protest about away ticket prices 4 or 5 years ago, and lo and behold, we soon got the £30 away ticket, ironically since then, I've struggled to get away tickets, as when they were £45 it was far easier.

I'm off to sleep in a bit.(Thank the Lord!)

But before I do, let me play Devils Advocate.

Sheikh Mansour has put well over £1bill into City. And for that I will be forever grateful, as will every City fan.

I chant his name, and I contributed to his banner on the East Stand.

I appreciate he would like his money back and a return on his long-term investment.

I appreciate Sheikh Mansour brought in Sorriano & Co to drive revenues at City.

After all, apart from being a football club, it's now more than ever big business. Billions of pounds are generated in football these day's.

So I accept there has to be price rises at the club, along with prize money and sponsorship deals.

So yes, season ticket and matchday ticket price rises will happen.

However, I would have hoped not every season.

That's my only gripe.

I appreciate it's a way too early, but It will be interesting to season what happens next May, when season ticket prices are revealed for the 19/20 season.

Until then, there's a little matter of a party and a PL trophy to be lifted. And hopefully retained. :-)

Last edited:
In a Week when we should be looking forward to the Huddersfield match and the players lifting the Premier League trophy, we are once again discussing and falling out over another season ticket price increase. The 10th season ticket price increase in 11 seasons.

And I know by starting this thread I will get slaughtered and ridiculed by a % of BM forum members. Tin hat on. :-)

But like many City fans I'm sick and tired of these annual season ticket price increases, while many other PL clubs have either frozen their season ticket prices or in some cases reduced their season ticket prices.(not that I expect City to go that far)

So, as they say, actions speak louder than words.

So I've decided to drop the Carabao Cup and FA Cup schemes next season . Obviously much depends on the draw for both competitions, but it's safe to say City will lose more than 3% or £20 next season.

The only way City will listen to me and other City fans is via our wallets.

That's it.(cue the abuse)
Yeah stopping buying shit from the club.

No more tops, bed covers, caps, scarves and the seasoncard is gone too.

Wont be buying anything in future. Will just be a fan and no longer a supporter.

£920,000 reasons?

Honestly Blue Parrot, what difference is that going to make?

For me it's not that amount, it's the amount of continual season ticket and matchday price increases.

Nobody ever mentions the stealth block and row price increase that City brought in.

How can you charge 1 row apart £x more?

You, row 10.
Me, row 11.
You pay £x more because.....

Is it a better seat? No!
Is it a better view? No!
Is the person next to you more happy than the person next to me? Maybe? No!
Are you closer to the bar by 2 steps? Yes!

It was and still is a f*** ing joke.

One of the worst, if not the worst, pricing mechanisms brought in by City.

There is another thing. We used to be in 118, and every game was continualyy harrassed by Showsec or the Police. Myself and other fans were assaulted by the Police and Peter Fletcher couldn't have been less helpful iver the whole incident. 1 fan had his arm broken on the concourse that day, think ut was vs Spurs. How there wasn't a riot i dont know.

We felt like we were forced to relocate to avoid anymore of this to 109 so a price increase for us through trying to be safe from the authorities who are meant to protect us.
I still have the letter of apology from the Police

I won't be getting one. I also love City unconditionally but it doesn't mean I'm happy to be bummed off them with their ticket prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.