Are You From Oldham?

Having had the displeasure of worked alongside the six fingered inbred Biffo's for 20 years, I can say yes, that is the language they use to communicate ....

Having recently been nominated to represent the " coffin dodgers" faction on BM, I can confirm:
I understood every word.
Its a Saddleworth, not an Oldham dialect.
The guy on the record is from Springhead, which was in Yorkshire, not Lancashire.

(Its a tea cake, not a Barm, or muffin!)

Last edited:
Having had the displeasure of worked alongside the six fingered inbred Biffo's for 20 years, I can say yes, that is the language they use to communicate ....
Me too, for 36 yrs , the only problem, it rubs off, people sometimes say "Are you from Yorksheer" ! Cheeky tawts ! "No I'm from Manchesta !
Des O'Connors, tight as a gnat's chuff !
Her line = Air line.
A putch= A perch.
A clog= A shoe.

Last edited:
My mother lives there up above the snow line. During my last visit to her on a freezing cold July afternoon when caught in a torrential rain shower, she said 'lets just wait under t'balcony by Primark til it 'bates'. Lucky Im not still there, not a clue what she was talking about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.