Are You From Oldham?

No just a big ignorant fucker :-)

I assume he knows what a Biffo is? Lol .... That word first appeared I hear at Ferranti Instrumentation in Moston, circa 1982, where a fair few of the six fingered ones came down to work .... it was always credited to one John The Bastard of Aircraft Equipment Stores ... if that's true I don't know ... but JtB is a big Blue ....

I assume he knows what a Biffo is? Lol .... That word first appeared I hear at Ferranti Instrumentation in Moston, circa 1982, where a fair few of the six fingered ones came down to work .... it was always credited to one John The Bastard of Aircraft Equipment Stores ... if that's true I don't know ... but JtB is a big Blue ....
Had some mates working at pifco around then first heard it from a lad called fighting mad Dave Gilbert, a proper Biffo :-)

Yeah mate , am Moston born and bred so fully aware of what it means , its a long story of why I use it as my username going back to my schooldays .

John the Bastard and Fighting Mad Dave Gilbert , sounds like it would be a good night out with these 2

Having recently been nominated to represent the " coffin dodgers" faction on BM, I can confirm:
I understood every word.
Its a Saddleworth, not an Oldham dialect.
The guy on the record is from Springhead, which was in Yorkshire, not Lancashire.

(Its a tea cake, not a Barm, or muffin!)
Absolutely, chaps. As a born and bred Ashtonian, it sounded just like my granddad talking all those years ago That was just after there were trouble at 'tmill. And,of course, Saddleworth was in Yorkshire pre 1974, and most of my schoolmates at Ashton Grammar from that area were, somehow, proud to be Yorkies. I mean, who won the bloody Wars of the Roses anyway?

Yeah mate , am Moston born and bred so fully aware of what it means , its a long story of why I use it as my username going back to my schooldays .

John the Bastard and Fighting Mad Dave Gilbert , sounds like it would be a good night out with these 2
Daves as mad as fuck still see him and some of the boys there about ten years older and friends of a friend, first met them on holiday in Corfu when I was 17 it was errrr interesting :-)

Let's say it's going through a erm 'transition' !

I thought the two 'trans' had left a while ago? ;-)

When I return to my hometown of the 'Eafff ... usually only go in the The Willow in Failsworth now .... top Blues pub. My old man goes in the Nelson with a few of my old mates ... not a lot of choice left really ... Wardy still has the Horseshoe, but not been in for ages ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.