Army recruitment adverts

BTâ„¢ said:
You get paid a lot of money and can learn a trade.

Its a good way to earn money, tax free as far as I know, but at the same time would you be willing to go war for Oil.

There was something in the news the other day about this lad who jumped on a grenade to save his mates and I cant begin to comprehend doing that for anyone, so the respect I have for these guys is immense.

It seems like a good laugh on the adverts, a bit like scouts but with guns.
Strangely it doesnt seem to mention the having your balls shot away bit or the being payed very poorly and being sent out to wars which nobody wanted, kitted out in unsuitable gear (so bad the Americans call our men the borrowers)in the knowledge that you cant wear your uniform with pride at home because of risk of attack from the civilian population and if the worse does happen and you are seriously injured, there will be bugger all medical support and a pathetic pay off...

brass neck said:
Strangely it doesnt seem to mention the having your balls shot away bit or the being payed very poorly and being sent out to wars which nobody wanted, kitted out in unsuitable gear (so bad the Americans call our men the borrowers)in the knowledge that you cant wear your uniform with pride at home because of risk of attack from the civilian population and if the worse does happen and you are seriously injured, there will be bugger all medical support and a pathetic pay off...

Good post, spot on.

brass neck said:

On the money,brass neck.

guv said:
Very annoying.

I have absolutely no intention of seeing the rest of their "films" at armyjobs.mod.uk - and nor should you!

Having served the colours for 19 years, i think that unless you know what you are talking about you would be best not to tell me what to think.
A lot of my happies memories are related to events while serving, the pride and discipline instilled in the forces, the comaraderie, friendship and sense of belonging will not be found in any other ocupation, and it is through this that ordinary people become heroes, risking their lives for our freedom.
Whatever your own feelings are on the current situation in Iraq, if you were a Kurd in Iraq, would you be mourning the departure fom power of saddam?
While i have misgivings about the lies that phony b.liar used for getting us into the war, we are there, our troops are there and they are training the Iraqi people to administer their country in a democratic environment, so that when we are able to leave, we will leave a country in a much better position than when we went in.
That some feel that attacking those that are willing to risk their lives is acceptable, i say check your history, and if it were not for the armed forces over the past 100 years imagine yourself as a member of the third reich.

law74 said:
guv said:
Very annoying.

I have absolutely no intention of seeing the rest of their "films" at armyjobs.mod.uk - and nor should you!

Having served the colours for 19 years, i think that unless you know what you are talking about you would be best not to tell me what to think.
A lot of my happies memories are related to events while serving, the pride and discipline instilled in the forces, the comaraderie, friendship and sense of belonging will not be found in any other ocupation, and it is through this that ordinary people become heroes, risking their lives for our freedom.
Whatever your own feelings are on the current situation in Iraq, if you were a Kurd in Iraq, would you be mourning the departure fom power of saddam?
While i have misgivings about the lies that phony b.liar used for getting us into the war, we are there, our troops are there and they are training the Iraqi people to administer their country in a democratic environment, so that when we are able to leave, we will leave a country in a much better position than when we went in.
That some feel that attacking those that are willing to risk their lives is acceptable, i say check your history, and if it were not for the armed forces over the past 100 years imagine yourself as a member of the third reich.

Right.

I read the first line of your post, and realised you'd made a schoolboy error.

Read a bit more closely (the thread title is a clue), and you might actually grasp that I was describing my dislike of the commercials rather than the men and women of the profession.

Now you can have a go at me for hating the Halifax adverts in another thread, if you like. Call me a racist too :@)

Please don't patronise my knowledge of history. I have been reading and digesting history for over thirty years.

guv said:
Very annoying.

Why?
& what gives you the right to tell me what i should and shouldn't want to see?

That was what i was getting at originally in my origonal post, and then went on to back it up by expressing my support for the men and women serving this great country.

law74 said:
guv said:
Very annoying.

Why?
& what gives you the right to tell me what i should and shouldn't want to see?

That was what i was getting at originally in my origonal post, and then went on to back it up by expressing my support for the men and women serving this great country.

Hmm, stick around. You may realise that a lot of what I post is firmly tongue-in-cheek, like a lot of posts by different posters on this forum. Not every thread or post is nailed-on serious.

But I guess you're not to know that, so apologies if I upset you.

Like I say, remember that there is much irony here. Chill out; have fun!

Thanx4Knives said:
BTâ„¢ said:
You get paid a lot of money and can learn a trade.

Its a good way to earn money, tax free as far as I know, but at the same time would you be willing to go war for Oil.

There was something in the news the other day about this lad who jumped on a grenade to save his mates and I cant begin to comprehend doing that for anyone, so the respect I have for these guys is immense.
Funny as I heard about it and so it seems did you.

The old 'We're fighting over oil' is so boring and so easy to just throw in now and again. There's more to it than that.

in the states, when I was about to graduate high school, they call your house. That's probably changed with cell phones but back in the land line days you could expect about 4 or 5 calls a week from recruiters......really annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.