Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely most people predicted, Wenger signs a new deal.

Great news for every club but Arsenal. Tbf, they are looking solid in the new formation, still think they won't challenge for the title.

£100m yet Wenger says they will only target top class players. He can maybe buy two with that budget. Lets be real, their main goal will be again to get top 4 and/or win the Europa anything else is a plus.

The battle for top 4 will be even more interesting next season.

if you dont think saving clubs from relegation is a big deal then we'll always disagree, look at the likes of Leeds or Sheff Utd - he has come into clubs that are in complete turmoil and managed to turn them around against all odds. Did you see Palace beat Arsenal 3-0 last month, same month they managed to Chelsea and Liverpool - was it long ball hoof ball ? far from it, quick attacking counter breaking goals - the long ball tag will always be thrown at him by people that dont understand the game.

you show me any manager that has stayed at any club for a good amount of time with just yoyo up and down the leagues they are to me just milking the clubs and football and have no real future in the game other than a quick fix and move on. football is about winners and always as been even in the dark days of manchester city we just paper over the cracks each time and a new manager was given the chance in just getting the 40 points and your safe award

i love football at all levels and understand the game but what your saying is wrong BFS is not a winner and managers like him are not winners. they build teams to get the 40 points on the board and playing teams with the idea of winning the leagues and cup's like chelsea and arsenal can always slip us when BFS rolls up with his type of football that's what am aiming at its not winning silverware football just 40 points a season

every club BFS sam been manager at they have a big lad up front and 10 men behind the ball and they hit him as quickly as possible its a style of play that can not win the league but upsets the football teams like city and spurs and chelsea and arsenal like to play football and he gets lucky sometimes and walks away with a smile and everybody think he is a master and great manager NO its just luck

50 years of watching football i call tall you how football works and the best players and the best manager don't play 40 point style of football even the fans understand at them clubs its all about staying up and how quick can we get the 40 points and they is a big ques of manager with the style of big fan sam that will always get the jobs in football but what are they really offering other than another season and the same old shit

this is why football in england need to get rid of managers like BFS and start to play football forget chasing the 40 points start to play football on the grass even if you lose out and go down you go down with playing football and not being mugged off

Whilst I agree with some of the criticism of bfs.
Have to say that the team he built with Okocha,Djorkaeff,Stelios was more than a kick and rush team.
Fat Sam,for all his faults,has proved he's a good manager,albeit a very pragmatic one.

but what was his main style

yes hit Kevin Davies quick as possible and play from there

you show me any manager that has stayed at any club for a good amount of time with just yoyo up and down the leagues they are to me just milking the clubs and football and have no real future in the game other than a quick fix and move on. football is about winners and always as been even in the dark days of manchester city we just paper over the cracks each time and a new manager was given the chance in just getting the 40 points and your safe award

i love football at all levels and understand the game but what your saying is wrong BFS is not a winner and managers like him are not winners. they build teams to get the 40 points on the board and playing teams with the idea of winning the leagues and cup's like chelsea and arsenal can always slip us when BFS rolls up with his type of football that's what am aiming at its not winning silverware football just 40 points a season

every club BFS sam been manager at they have a big lad up front and 10 men behind the ball and they hit him as quickly as possible its a style of play that can not win the league but upsets the football teams like city and spurs and chelsea and arsenal like to play football and he gets lucky sometimes and walks away with a smile and everybody think he is a master and great manager NO its just luck

50 years of watching football i call tall you how football works and the best players and the best manager don't play 40 point style of football even the fans understand at them clubs its all about staying up and how quick can we get the 40 points and they is a big ques of manager with the style of big fan sam that will always get the jobs in football but what are they really offering other than another season and the same old shit

this is why football in england need to get rid of managers like BFS and start to play football forget chasing the 40 points start to play football on the grass even if you lose out and go down you go down with playing football and not being mugged off

Wenger has been brilliant for Arsenal.
Bfs was brilliant for Bolton and did the job his chairman asked of him in his other clubs.
What makes the premier league so tough, is the refusal of the smaller clubs to roll over and get thrashed by the big boys,for the most part.

would he have be chasing the 40 point mark if he had Man City's squad ?

second season in the Prem for us (west ham) we was in the top 4 come xmas, top 4 !!! reason we dropped like a stone was injuries, we simply didnt have a squad to compete at the top - had he had a war-chest to spend it could have been different

yes at times, we played hoofing it to Carrol, but other times he would play 2 up front - like Sakho and Valencia - you play to your strengths - i watched some very good football at times, especially compared to the dross Zola (attacking manager) Pardew and Curbs served up, not forgetting how awful the football was this season under Bilic

He got Bolton into Europe with the likes of JJ Okacha, Djorkaeff and Anelka - why would he sign them sort of players, they played some really good stuff - i also saw the same under us with Ravel, J.Cole, Downing etc and certainly for Palace these last few months.

To me, Big Sam as a manager deserves alot of respect - fair enough you see it diffferent

but what was his main style

yes hit Kevin Davies quick as possible and play from there

With his limited budget.He got results.
I also remember them playing some decent stuff with the likes of the aforementioned.
He also got players like Ivan Campo performing.
Fat Sam does what he does,usually it ain't pretty,I agree.When he had a few decent older players though he got a tune out of them.

Wenger has been brilliant for Arsenal.
Bfs was brilliant for Bolton and did the job his chairman asked of him in his other clubs.
What makes the premier league so tough, is the refusal of the smaller clubs to roll over and get thrashed by the big boys,for the most part.

at what point does wenger coming into it ????

wenger is a winner and plays football the points was the style of BFS and what makes him a so call good manager

that my son is nail on the head
(What makes the premier league so tough, is the refusal of the smaller clubs to roll over and get thrashed by the big boys,for the most part)

BFS is that level and what am talking about they don't play football with anything other than get the 40 points on board and the best way is long ball and 10 behind the ball why not take them on and play football your going to lose anyway so why not play football and give it a go

would he have be chasing the 40 point mark if he had Man City's squad ?

second season in the Prem for us (west ham) we was in the top 4 come xmas, top 4 !!! reason we dropped like a stone was injuries, we simply didnt have a squad to compete at the top - had he had a war-chest to spend it could have been different

yes at times, we played hoofing it to Carrol, but other times he would play 2 up front - like Sakho and Valencia - you play to your strengths - i watched some very good football at times, especially compared to the dross Zola (attacking manager) Pardew and Curbs served up, not forgetting how awful the football was this season under Bilic

He got Bolton into Europe with the likes of JJ Okacha, Djorkaeff and Anelka - why would he sign them sort of players, they played some really good stuff - i also saw the same under us with Ravel, J.Cole, Downing etc and certainly for Palace these last few months.

To me, Big Sam as a manager deserves alot of respect - fair enough you see it diffferent

nobody in the world at a top club would let BFS near the club for fear of killing them once and for all
its nothing to do with football but styles and BFS can not play football the way teams win the league its just not his game all is targets have been 40 points in the premier league just get over the line not vision or hope even with better squads and players he would always fall back on the style he only knows

Anybody know owt about this £6.8m forward from Belgian, that Sky ticker had on last night ?
He might be brilliant, but i don't think the Arseanl fans will be enamoured with their first dip
into the market. Be fucking superb, if we got Sanchez now.

at what point does wenger coming into it ????

wenger is a winner and plays football the points was the style of BFS and what makes him a so call good manager

that my son is nail on the head
(What makes the premier league so tough, is the refusal of the smaller clubs to roll over and get thrashed by the big boys,for the most part)

BFS is that level and what am talking about they don't play football with anything other than get the 40 points on board and the best way is long ball and 10 behind the ball why not take them on and play football your going to lose anyway so why not play football and give it a go

Thought this was the Arsenal thread ;)
Comparing Wenger to Fat Sam is like comparing apples to oranges.
One had/has a huge budget for players at leading clubs.
The other has managed,generally lesser clubs with less talented players.
Fans and chairmen of the clubs bfs manged wouldn't have thanked him for getting them relegated whilst playing open attacking football with limited players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.