Arsenal 2017/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by blueincy, 1 Jul 2017.

1. I also heard that its a backdoor into the Class and History League, need confirmation though.

2. Akira

Akira

Sadly the truth. Yet they have to start somewhere, and Wenger has to leave first.

A fresh face at the helm, with fresh tactics and ideas will revitalize their squad, however much. Of course, all these has to begin from their owners, who unfortunately, consistently displays a lack of ambition every season. At every season's end, Stanley Kroenke goes "Oh, we are still in the top 10, it ain't that bad." As much as Wenger hates to admit it, to compete at the top level, you HAVE to spend BIG - both on quality and quantity.

There's a huge power creep in the league, and unfortunately Arsenal's the one being left in the dust.

3. FogBlueInSanFran

FogBlueInSanFran

There is absolutely FUCKING ZERO sad or unfortunate about their state of affairs.

Wenger poked at City every chance he got as our club grew and got better. He was a champion of FFP because it would lock City out and his club in to a positive future. He is the King of Rationalizations when he fails -- there's no one in the modern game close, including Mourinho. Their fans are as a rule entitled, smug, have had a moral superiority complex for ages (i.e. as soon as they started faltering on the pitch, so they adopted the "class" and "proper accounting" mantle as their new trophies), boo their own when they leave to win things elsewhere and/or get paid a market wage and, lest we forget, are in London.

For every City fan Aguerooooooooo is their top goal as a Blue for the last several decades. But for me, running that an exceedingly close second, is Adebayor's run and slide against them after he scored. The most delicious fuck you ever. And he stomped on Van Persie's face to boot.

Fuck them and the horses they rode in on. I hate them. Their every moan is like music to my ears.

4. Dave S

Dave S

I don't like them either :-)

5. Dreadzone

Dreadzone

Bang on the money.

6. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Spot-on. A truly despicable club. Not much media coverage of their fans racist abuse of Adebayor that day was there? He confirmed it in a recent interview. They are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world and choose to funnel their profits back to their super-rich owners rather than invest in their club or their local community. Meanwhile £10m a year Wenger sneers at us and accuses us of financial doping. The biggest hypocrites in football.

7. KS55

KS55

Quite. The gang of five tried to fix the prem.The gang of 14 tried to fix Europe. All the while Arsenal were there, trying to feather their own nest, with Wenger pretending it was all for fair play. Well, they all failed. With Kronke in charge, they will just sink lower. If he goes, I wonder what their attitude will be, when they realize the millions it will take to put things right. On the prem's domestic FFP rules, Wenger said "I would never have voted for them, had I known the effect they would have".(Arsenal face financial restrictions).
    I don't hate them (only the rags) but I'm glad the hypocrisy of Wenger is going to reap its deserved reward.

8. its a Barm

its a Barm

part time rag slayer
    This Wenger guy is getting right on my tits.

9. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

not as much as he's getting to the Gooners.

10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Funny, considering he didn't just vote for them, he proposed them, lobbied for them and had a hand in designing them.