Arsenal fans celebrations.....

TurkeyGiblets said:
Also, genuine question, do you have as much pride in your team buying readily available beast players than you would have if you bought players young with potential or unheard of players but moulded them into great player. Ill be honest with you , I couldnt as seeing the progression of some of our players , such as song who came on loan from bastia at 17, was a poor player who everyone was saying we shouldnt buy, got booed his first game for us and had to be substituted at half time. To see what hes become makes me very proud to support Arsenal, much more than winning mickey mouse trophies. And hes by no means an isolated incident 70% of our squad are like this.
Who the hell do you think you are trying to take the moral high ground you utter prick, all you your title winning sides were bought by buying players, the list is endless, too many to list. Your trying to make out all your players were tucked up in their Frank Maclintock duvets and kissed goodnight by mama Wenger when they were kids in that well known suburb of North London called France.

Mark - TheBlue said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
Also, genuine question, do you have as much pride in your team buying readily available beast players than you would have if you bought players young with potential or unheard of players but moulded them into great player. Ill be honest with you , I couldnt as seeing the progression of some of our players , such as song who came on loan from bastia at 17, was a poor player who everyone was saying we shouldnt buy, got booed his first game for us and had to be substituted at half time. To see what hes become makes me very proud to support Arsenal, much more than winning mickey mouse trophies. And hes by no means an isolated incident 70% of our squad are like this.

I'll answer you. There is a pride in watching a young lad come through the ranks its great. The money has brought are team up to scratch with the big boys. We are building a new campus and something you wont know is we are doing what you have been doing in recruiting much younger players. I have every hope that in the future the younger players will start coming through you have to understand that this will take time as we build up the infrastructure to do so.

Thanks for the answer, I aint on here to argue just to chip in here and there and add to the discussion, so thanks for giving reasoned arguments. And yh seems very sensible tbh , as now you can ease them through rather than throw them in at deep end and wait for them to come good as we have on so many occasions.

To add to the man who talked about us being on course for treble, yes thats because most years weve had excellent startng 11s but other than that the depth has been very poor , so if a star player gets injured,and we usually have at least one key player who is out for the season and a variety of ppl out for months here and there, their replacements can't even do a job. Also we've been in several finals, and you could say we used to have such a young squad the pressure would gett to them thats why im happy to see some experienced heads in there. Tbh its a combination of many things.

TurkeyGiblets said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
TurkeyGiblets said:

I'll answer you. There is a pride in watching a young lad come through the ranks its great. The money has brought are team up to scratch with the big boys. We are building a new campus and something you wont know is we are doing what you have been doing in recruiting much younger players. I have every hope that in the future the younger players will start coming through you have to understand that this will take time as we build up the infrastructure to do so.

Thanks for the answer, I aint on here to argue just to chip in here and there and add to the discussion, so thanks for giving reasoned arguments. And yh seems very sensible tbh , as now you can ease them through rather than throw them in at deep end and wait for them to come good as we have on so many occasions.

To add to the man who talked about us being on course for treble, yes thats because most years weve had excellent startng 11s but other than that the depth has been very poor , so if a star player gets injured,and we usually have at least one key player who is out for the season and a variety of ppl out for months here and there, their replacements can't even do a job. Also we've been in several finals, and you could say we used to have such a young squad the pressure would gett to them thats why im happy to see some experienced heads in there. Tbh its a combination of many things.

so your young players you had 5/6 years to develop weren't good enough then? where are Diaby, Denilson, Vela now eh?

TurkeyGiblets said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
lol, at least were being a bit more civilised , though I am taking the feeder club comment in passing. yh , solid team ox chambo can bomb down wings and wilshere is also good on the wing if you saw his bolton loan days - hes one of those players who can play anywhere , too good. Nasri far too inconsistent to be better than wilshere .

@chungo - you telling me you would want barry and dejong in there over wilshere when alex song ans yaya are there :s . And wilshere is a special talent , the two you mentioned arent of the same ilk. And believe me sagna is far too good defensively.

Also on issue of width in a 4 3 3 sagna and clichy add the width .

Who do you blame for not winning anything in the last 7 years? Just the board of directors?

A bit of Wenger, but mostly the building of the emirates, much of our champions league money goes to paying it off which is nearly done and weve done at a remrkable speed, also we get nothing from our sponsors for same reason +poor deal. But once we start reaping the benefits of the stadium well dominate again. Furthermore only reason we wernt challenging for title was our poor start which was due to 11 injuries to first team players and late summer signings. If legue started october 1st we'd be ahead of you, so I really don't know how you could be gloating- we had valid (albeit avoidable if not for Wenger taking his good time) reasons - what was your excuse?

The Emirates and Nike deals will go down into history as two of the biggest mistakes ever made by Arsenal FC (just behind selling out to an American who makes the Glazers look like Sheikh Mansour). The worst commercial deals ever signed by a professional football club in relation to market value ever!

They have two years to run. After that we'll have a minimum £50 million extra per season just from our kit and shirt sponsorship deal. Factor in matchday earnings that exceed those of Yaaaniited by 20 million a season and those of Spurs,City,Chelski and the 'pool by 40-50 million a season and we are back in business.

I don't fully understand FFP,but I understand enough to realise it benefits us more than any of the other clubs in that list.

The 7 year trophy drought means nothing. Pompey and Brum aren't better clubs than the Arsenal because they picked up a pot each in that time.

Every club that has funded a new stadium has declined in the short to medium term. Its the nature of the beast. In our case that decline has meant 3d and 4th place finishes in the Premiership and a diet of consistently entertaining football. In any sensible environment Arsenal would be the darlings of the media and the footballing world.

Unfortunately for us football in England has always been a northern dominated game. As the only consistent southern challengers over the generations we are used to envy and hatred.

Bottom line remains that our long term future is brighter than that of any other club in the country including City. Arguably not just in this country, but also in Europe where Bayern Munich are the only club who can match the Arsenal for health.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
Mark - TheBlue said:

so your young players you had 5/6 years to develop weren't good enough then? where are Diaby, Denilson, Vela now eh?

Not sure what relevance it has , hopefully you'll elaborate but ill bite anyway. Diaby is still a very talented player who has been plagued by injuries, Vela is still good, just didnt suit hustle and bustle of epl , hes lighting up la liga with 20 goals/assists in 30 or so games. Denilson is terrible - but I didnt say each player develops into a good player, and like I said, I don't understand your point?

gooner6729 said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Who do you blame for not winning anything in the last 7 years? Just the board of directors?

A bit of Wenger, but mostly the building of the emirates, much of our champions league money goes to paying it off which is nearly done and weve done at a remrkable speed, also we get nothing from our sponsors for same reason +poor deal. But once we start reaping the benefits of the stadium well dominate again. Furthermore only reason we wernt challenging for title was our poor start which was due to 11 injuries to first team players and late summer signings. If legue started october 1st we'd be ahead of you, so I really don't know how you could be gloating- we had valid (albeit avoidable if not for Wenger taking his good time) reasons - what was your excuse?

The Emirates and Nike deals will go down into history as two of the biggest mistakes ever made by Arsenal FC (just behind selling out to an American who makes the Glazers look like Sheikh Mansour). The worst commercial deals ever signed by a professional football club in relation to market value ever!

They have two years to run. After that we'll have a minimum £50 million extra per season just from our kit and shirt sponsorship deal. Factor in matchday earnings that exceed those of Yaaaniited by 20 million a season and those of Spurs,City,Chelski and the 'pool by 40-50 million a season and we are back in business.

I don't fully understand FFP,but I understand enough to realise it benefits us more than any of the other clubs in that list.

The 7 year trophy drought means nothing. Pompey and Brum aren't better clubs than the Arsenal because they picked up a pot each in that time.

Every club that has funded a new stadium has declined in the short to medium term. Its the nature of the beast. In our case that decline has meant 3d and 4th place finishes in the Premiership and a diet of consistently entertaining football. In any sensible environment Arsenal would be the darlings of the media and the footballing world.

Unfortunately for us football in England has always been a northern dominated game. As the only consistent southern challengers over the generations we are used to envy and hatred.

Bottom line remains that our long term future is brighter than that of any other club in the country including City. Arguably not just in this country, but also in Europe where Bayern Munich are the only club who can match the Arsenal for health.

Fair enough I think its impressive when the financial ball starts rolling for you. I don't like the FFP rules as I think it hinders other clubs that aren't all franchised up or charging higher price or have large stadiums but need direct investment to improve as we did.

TurkeyGiblets said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
TurkeyGiblets said:

Not related to "Talking Vulture" are you? Just thought I'd ask....

TurkeyGiblets said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
TurkeyGiblets said:

Not sure what relevance it has , hopefully you'll elaborate but ill bite anyway. Diaby is still a very talented player who has been plagued by injuries, Vela is still good, just didnt suit hustle and bustle of epl , hes lighting up la liga with 20 goals/assists in 30 or so games. Denilson is terrible - but I didnt say each player develops into a good player, and like I said, I don't understand your point?

the point being that as late as last year those fabled youngsters still weren't good enough to hold you together, you've failed for the past god knows how many years when you had the talent and resources to be the best team in England comfortably.

I started watched City in 1972 when we truly had some great players and football was a world away from what it is today. Somewhere between 1978 -1982 we lost our way and the rot set in and since then I and thousands of others have had to suffer, watch and support some incredibly poor footballers. Most of us have travelled the length and breadth of this country spending thousands for nothing more in return that a faint glint of hope that one day it would change.

I haven't fully read this thread but to all you Arsenal fans please understand this - you have never ever had to witness years upon years of some of the worst footballers you could ever imagine wearing your beloved clubs shirt. You have never ever had to watch your closest historical neighbours win everything in sight for 20 years non stop. Doubles/trebles, buying star after star, having to endure 20 plus years of piss taking from the world's biggest set of C**tiest supporters. Having to listen to every pundit from China to Chinley spout on about how great they are. You have never had to grow up and listen to every footballer tell us 'it's their dream to play for United'. To have the Munich disaster held as some self righteous reason why everybody should hold a candle for that club. You have never had to hang onto a dream that one day just one day you could have some success instead of watching your club yoyo from division to division, to watch your club change managers so often it became almost a monthly event. You have never had to watch your club lose at home to their historical friendly lower league clubs like Bury and Stockport. Our name has been dragged through the mud, kicked in the balls, laughed at from all corners yet one thing has remained constant through it all.

That's us the fans - So please forgive me and try not to take this too personally but I couldn't give a flying fuck as to what Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Gillingham, Stockport, Bury and any other football club on the planet thinks about how we got the money or how we go about spending the money. Right now I couldn't give an Owl's hoot as to bringing through someunknown kid from some unknown club from some unknown village on the planet, nurturing him and watching him grow with us. I'll tell you why that is, because for years we've done it and clubs like your's used to come and take them off us when the hard work had been done.

So forgive me this one little pleasure I will go on for the next 10 years loving it if we spend spend and spend some more to bring any silv erware and I mean any silverware to my beautiful long deserved club and our supporters.

Seven years without a trophy...comeback when your near the 35yr mark and i'll start to have some sympathy.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

the point being that as late as last year those fabled youngsters still weren't good enough to hold you together, you've failed for the past god knows how many years when you had the talent and resources to be the best team in England comfortably.

I'd hardly say the resources, but thats whats incredible about it , we had easily the best team last year but were very unlucky wth injuries, and we acquired this team whilst barely spending a dime and nurturing talent. We should really be revelled in the footbll society.
But after that famous mix up against Birmingham and cc defeat we full scaled capitulated , it happened, I don't know what we could have done differently, they just lost all self belief and will. You will know first hand , the epl isnt about the best team , or youd have won it this year and wed have won it comfortably throughout the past few seasons but its based on who can grind out wins. Doesnt matter how good a team is , youre gonna have bad days, if you can grind out a win on bad days chances are youll be champions, united know how to do it . And it will take a bit of time for any team to become as efficient as them in doing it . Frankly , im astonished a team as thin as theirs has walked the epl, but I know who i'd prefer to have a season ticket for out of them or city, arsenal possibly even the scum to watch week in week out for pure entertainment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.